What to add to tuna to keep low fat/calories low?

Options

Replies

• peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    Mustard, yogurt, cottage cheese, tomato (specially the juice) and olives :D
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I usually use a tablespoon of lite mayo, a few teaspoons of dijon mustard and some horseradish, or just some horseradish mustard.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5 oz can tuna
    1/2 an avocado (2 oz)
    2 Tbsp salsa
    lemon juice
    dill
    mix well mashed together
    top a salad with it and balsamic dressing.

Sounds good =)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do mine with plain Greek yogurt, dill relish and a few chopped jalapenos for a little kick!
  • navstone
    Options
    i use a mixture of mayo/mustard, a dill pickle (almost no cals) and an egg
  • peles_fire
    Options
    I like it with a little Chili Sauce in it. MMMMMM......
  • sherryberry038
    Options
    I love Kraft Mayo w/olive oil. Naturally lower in fat and still tastes amazing. I decided a long time ago I was never giving up mayo, lol.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is probably going to sound weird but I keep low sodium tuna packets in my office and a bag of Wasabi peas. I feel like I'm choking the tuna down but when I add some of the Wasabi peas it adds some crunch and the heat makes me drink more water. I actually like it this way now and am happy to get the low cal protein!
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mustard
  • pgennar1
    pgennar1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make myself a little tuna salad with tomatoes, white onions, a little oil, basil leaves, ground red pepper and some lowfat mozz cheese. Usually ill eat it out of the bowl, or sometimes ill put them on whole grain crackers!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    somewhere I read you can use ricotta cheese (regular or low-fat) in place of mayo. Haven't tried it yet but I like the idea. It also helps you meet your calcuim requirement!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Tuna, diced boiled egg, cottage cheese, habanero tabasco sauce, dijon mustard, diced onion, diced celery, diced pickled jalapenos, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt & cracked black pepper.

ONE! ONE DELICIOUS TUNA SALAD, AH HA HA HA....
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Tuna, diced boiled egg, cottage cheese, habanero tabasco sauce, dijon mustard, diced onion, diced celery, diced pickled jalapenos, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt & cracked black pepper.

:angry:
    HEY!
  • rzaloudek67
    Options
    I add an apple, relish, yellow mustard (or whatever I have), celery, onions...and a smidge of miricle whip...but I need to try the greek yogert!

Yum! I know what dinner is going to be!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I started doing either riced or mashed sweet potato. So damn good with sweet Potato
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Fresh salsa is great!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% fat greek yogurt and then seasoning, it has a similar thick and creamy texture as mayo but it's like 15 cals for 2 tablespoons
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

:angry:
    HEY!

Count-Sesame-Street.jpg
    tumblr_lhgihs7jCm1qbkf7go1_500.jpg:heart:
    5709210a-0613-44f1-903f-3fcde2de5153.jpg
  • DontWeightStartNow
    Options
    For those of you folks on the East coast who have access to Wegmans stores, they have (in the produce section) various flavors of this absolutely delicious, low calorie, low fat yogurt dressings. For example, Honey Poppy, Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, Lemon Vinegarette, Honey mustard, Curried something or other, etc. etc. Any one of those could be added to tuna and KA-BAM, WATCH OUT TASTEBUDS!!!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just use the mayonaise with olive oil. Healthier than "light" mayo and tastes a lot better. I tried greek yogurt but it was NASTY. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt!