PERIOD

Options
Ok, so this is the second time I am going ot have my monthly friend since starting this! How do you got through it with out eathing everything in site! :devil: I can't work out enough to burn all I want to eat! Ha Ha Ha! Any suggestions?? Am I the only one???

Heatther

Replies

• heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is the second time I am going ot have my monthly friend since starting this! How do you got through it with out eathing everything in site! :devil: I can't work out enough to burn all I want to eat! Ha Ha Ha! Any suggestions?? Am I the only one???

Heatther
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm in the same boat- it throws me off every month! I feel like I have very little control over what I eat when I am in that part of my cycle. And usually I crave fat, and carbs, and sugar!! Oh, and red meat!
    I'm sure there are some tips out there!!!?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, you are so not alone in this!!! I, unfortunately, can't help you on how to not eat everything in sight!! I had a choc. donut, 1/2 cinnamon roll, and ice cream cone yesterday!! Yipes! If you can sneak in some fruit or veges in the chocolate binge (or whatever it is you chow on) it will help minimize the calorie overload! I only really struggle a couple of days, then I'm back to normal.

Sorry, not too much help - but I feel your pain!
  • heatther
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha well it is good to know I am not alone! The only thing that has been helping is pounding the water! The I feel to full to eat. Which makes me feel like crap too! The price of being a woman!

You guys are awesome!

Thanks!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You just made me realize why I tried to eat my weight in chocolate yesterday and I don't really even usually care for chocolate! Dang it! I'd say to make sure you allow yourself a portion controlled amount of what you're craving then try as hard as you possibly can to walk away. I portioned out the Girl Scout Cookies that I bought and put them all in my freezer so that I can just grab one portion and don't have to look at the whole box. I typically don't keep a lot of that kind of stuff in my place, but it's easier to keep it out since I live alone. I visited with my neighbor yesterday and thought I was going to go into a chocolate coma after I discovered her bowl of Cadbury Mini Eggs! Bah! I told her to hide them from me from now on.
  • heatther
    Options
    Ya it is real hard with Easter coming! I try to eat just one bag of the 100 cal fudge striped cookies. I fell into the Girl Scout cookie trap too! But have not broken them open, still in freezer but thanks for that reminder! Ha Ha Ha

I hope you all have a great day!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yep! same boat. The only thing I did was buy dark chocolate, so when I get the hankering for chocolate, at least it's a little healthy for me! :laugh: But it's still hard not to eat the whole bowl of nuggets!!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this right now. I'm always hungrier the week before my aunt flow arrives.
    My problem is that when AF is near, I pee more (I know very personal), so with all this water drinking I'm doing, I'm in the bathroom every 20 minutes!!! I can't wait until this week is over!!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism actually increases a little right before your period. Studies believe this is due to your body trying to stock up for the baby, basically.

I try to keep a lot of low-cal healthy snacks on hand and if I really need the chocolate I'll have one piece of Dove dark chocolate or if I'm craving salt I'll eat some almonds.

It sucks going through it every month, I know, I don't lose a 1lb for the week before or during. So basically I only have 2 weeks a month that my body allows me to lose weight, and I don't get the follow-up big weight loss at the end either. :grumble:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am going to be reincarnated as a man, period.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    I'm waiting for Aunt Flo to take a vacation.....permanently :angry: