Now that I've lost the weight, what to do with the hair?!

Options

Replies

• crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful oval face, you could carry short hair well. I would go to an amazing (expensive!), young, beautiful talented stylist and let her chop it all off. Then donate. You could make like four wigs!

xoxo
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    LONG with layers and highlights! :bigsmile:
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Warm auburn colour change, and a short bob with a fringe (bangs) to frame your face. Would look fab!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    How about since you've done something great for yourself (yay for the weight loss), doing something for someone else? I, for instance, am going to donate my hair to Locks of Love (http://www.locksoflove.org/)...my sister's doing the same. :)

Locks of Love is a terrific idea!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    You have a beautiful oval face, you could carry short hair well. I would go to an amazing (expensive!), young, beautiful talented stylist and let her chop it all off. Then donate. You could make like four wigs!

xoxo
    [/quote

I agree I always said Ill go really short when I lose the weight
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How about since you've done something great for yourself (yay for the weight loss), doing something for someone else? I, for instance, am going to donate my hair to Locks of Love (http://www.locksoflove.org/)...my sister's doing the same. :)

Awesome idea!! This is my plan, too. I'm feeling selfish, though. I have more than enough to cut and donate, but I keep holding off so it will be a little longer when I do cut it.

I'm guilty of the exact same thing. If I cut it now, it would be chin-length...maybe a smidge longer. I want it to be almost to my collarbones when I cut it, though. :)
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You can donate it...

http://www.locksoflove.org/recipient.html

ooops responded without reading all posts.... I plan to do this when my hair is longer. I don't want it too short, and 10 inces is the minimum for donations.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    There are a few web sites that let you upload a picture and play with different hair styles and colors....give it a go! If you are set on short, make sure the stylist knows you want to donate before you start. My opinion....leave it medium to long with some layers and try a semi perm hair color going a shade more auburn or golden to give it a boost.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    id try something completely different.. I love short hair (shoulder lenght), or maybe try another color as well?
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Do whatever makes you happy! If you wanna chop it off, do it! Try something new whether it be a new color or a new style! You are doing great on your weight loss... Reward yourself!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    How about Zooey Deschanel bangs ? :smile:
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would leave it fairly long, maybe a couple of inches below shoulder length, get it layered properly by a good stylist (maybe razored?) and go for a rich auburn colour.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

If you want to go short......check with a good hairdresser on cuts and what would work for your face. If not sure cut a maybe to a shoulder length but donate the hair!!!! Some of my friends have done it and were so happy about it. I went fron hair below elbow to a very short (razor cut) style many years ago and absolutely loved it. I never let my hair grow really long again, longest was down to my shoulders. I mostly wear it short, if I get bored I'll let it grow to a chin lenght bob.......I hate to spend time styling/blow drying etc......The freedom of having short hair is amazing. Came in very handy for all the years of scuba diving :bigsmile:
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Layer it!!!! Long layers with bangs!!!!

This. This would be really cute!
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Long, fringe cut bangs with long layers or side swept bangs like the picture of Minka
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Cut it all off and donate it!

I did that a couple of years ago and have had various short cuts since. Currently have a pixie.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Buzz cut.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say go short. You have great features and angles to your face. Show them off!!
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Go shoulder-length with some layers, and get highlights while you're at it. I think it would look really cute. But, I must say, I absolutely love your long hair!!!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing and have done great. Second, my hair is very similar to yours(almost the same length). I have 30 pounds to lose exactly before meeting my 100 pound lost goal and what I have decided to do is celebrate hitting my goal by making a big change. I am donating my hair to locks of love. You have to send at least 10 inches of hair so I am going to go drastic and go short for the first time in my life. I have always had at least shoulder length hair or longer and I feel like donating and going short for once is going to be fun.

Sorry to ramble, anyway, these are the two cuts I am considering doing one of.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/90635011220333978_92CzaAzV_c.jpg

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/126382333263887937_OXF8pSXA_c.jpg

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)