Now that I've lost the weight, what to do with the hair?!

Options

Replies

• Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to lose weight so I can get a super sexy fauxhawk, but I'm also a hair dresser so the crazier the better!! :)
  • carneson3
    Options
    How about since you've done something great for yourself (yay for the weight loss), doing something for someone else? I, for instance, am going to donate my hair to Locks of Love (http://www.locksoflove.org/)...my sister's doing the same. :)

Great idea!!
  • grrlgeek
    grrlgeek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too had hair like yours once. Count another vote for Locks of Love if you do decide to cut it. I donated an 18" long ponytail some years back when I got the wild hair, so to speak, to cut all mine off. I started with a flat top, leaving the top a bit over-long and let my curls do their thing. It was FUN. Getting out of the house in the morning was amazingly fast. After a while though, I missed my hair and then it was almost 2 years of "bad hair days" (with a couple cute cuts in between) to grow it back.

The upshot... it grows back. Have fun!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    THIS!
    I'm going to say go short. You have great features and angles to your face. Show them off!!

AND THIS!!
    You can donate it...

http://www.locksoflove.org/recipient.html

ooops responded without reading all posts.... I plan to do this when my hair is longer. I don't want it too short, and 10 inces is the minimum for donations.

I let my hair get halfway down my back, then cut it short and let it grow again. (in this way, I only have to cut it a few times a year)

If you want to cut your hair, then do it! You certainly have great features to show off! Don't listen to the naysayers. Do what makes you feel good about your appearance. If you decide you don't like it, it will grow back. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    your hair is gorgious dont cut it too short :D
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Cut it off and donate it so that you don't regret doing it. If you miss your long hair, grow it back! You may want to start by having it shoulder length so that you can still put it in a ponytail.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal a few months ago...I had been wearing my hair waded up. I was so tired of it!! I went to a great stylist...with a few pic's and ended up going short. I love it. Everyone says I even look thinner now. Some people didn't even realize it was me....lol.

Do what will make you happy. I wanted a whole new me!!
  • NancyG55
    Options
    Well, you are still very young, so I say keep it long, and get a new style, maybe shorten it a little, get some layers. Trust me, I had my hair cut short when it was very long and was SO very miserable. I cried for days. Now I am a grandmaw, great grandmaw too, so it is ok to go short, but I love long hair for youth!
  • amber8704
    Options
    I don't think I would go super short at first. Maybe get 6-8 inches cut off and see how you like it. If you don't then it won't take twice as long to grow out. If you like it shorter then you can always go back and have more cut off.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wow!!

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback, everyone!! Please keep it coming!

And I LOVE the locks of love idea!! Definitely something to consider!
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You have an awesome long neck and nice bone structure. I would cut it short in the back and longer towards the front at a angel and dye it redish.....You'd look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FABULOUS! :D Congrats on all the weight loss!
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    i do not have a vote or anything but I loved what everyone had to say about hair. I have worn mine long most of my life and people say they would not even know me with short hair
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Think....Victoria's Secret Model Hair,...big bouncey,..full,..and sexy!!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weigh loss!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    +1 Congrats!
    +1 Layers & highlights (& testing before going super short, if you've been long this long)

Short hair is great & you could totally carry it. But it takes ages to grow out, especially if you want it to look decent as it grows. From a pixie to shoulder length, for me, it's usually ~2 years (awkward/bobby pin route) or 3 years (getting it shaped as I go). Keeping it short means being in the salon more often. And you're kind of stuck with the same style every day (some like that, I get bored).

Shoulder length is pretty versatile, & easy to deal with < 2-3 cuts a year, vs 4-6. Lol. Those are my pragmatic arguments, but it's usually all emotional, isn't it. (You'll probably regret a drastic change, though, if you're usually conservative with hair.)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I've always had long hair, it was sort of my "look" and then I cut it for a change.....

...and HATED it....

.Don't cut your pretty locks off!!!! At least not past your shoulders.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have long hair and love it! Don't cut it!

You can do the ombré hair coloring and do some layers.

http://slodive.com/inspiration/ombre-hairstyle/
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Think....Victoria's Secret Model Hair,...big bouncey,..full,..and sexy!!

Exactly! :)

Or Kardashian hair.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You've got a great face for pulling off short hair! I think a little pixie cut would look fabulous on you.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look a lot like me. :)
    I think leaving it too long won't look great, because it would make your face look narrower and longer. I thing shoulder-length and layers would be the best option! :)