Give us your most useful weight loss secret!!!

Options

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Eat your weight loss calories for three days, bump it up every fourth. It prevents those dreaded plateaus by keeping your body from going into starvation mode!
  • Lissy552
    Options
    Drinking hot white tea 2 to 3 times a day, not really a secret but it works!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Use a digital food scale to weigh everything that goes into your mouth. Because you're eating WAY more than you think you are.

Yep, definitely this!
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have NO idea of how much I needed to read your post tonight! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your insight and inspiring post. I really appreciate it! You've answered so many questions for me! Have a super week! I know I will now!:happy:
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The brain uses fat for fuel, fat is not bad, at least not if it's good fats from good, unprocessed foods like nuts, fish, avocados, etc. The jacked up food pyramid and all the genetically altered corn & wheat they try to force on people are what's making lots of folks retain weight. I personally don't mess with that overly processed "low fat" peanut butter. It isn't nearly as good as when you grind it fresh at the store. It may not be fresh, but it is very minimally processed since the only thing that has happened is the peanuts were roasted & packaged, then put into the nut butter grinder. Some of the peanut butter has partially hydrogenated oils added and that stuff isn't good for you.

Don't eat fast food, try not to eat processed foods, work out, drink lots of water. The biggest secret is to not listen to too much of the marketing B.S. from the media. Like all the "low fat" labels on the processed crap some people buy & think are healthy.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    Adopt the Primal Blueprint lifestyle. That is, eat meat, fats, nuts, lots of vegetables and some fruits. Don't worry about the fats you eat if they are not processed stuff. Don't eat grains. Exercise in moderation. Get enough sleep! Get some sun every day. Adopt it as a lifestyle, not a diet that will end.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One good choice at a time ! One day at a time !
    Measure and weigh everything
    Lots of water
    Get up and move
    Be honest with yourself
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Move more.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    This is weird but I write my goal weight on my hand, in between my thumb and forefinger on my right hand, where I'd grab a sneaky treat!

It becomes an association fairly quickly,...so looking at it makes me think, "Will eating this thing lead me to my goals or away from them?" Worked for me when losing 5stone.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    never go over your calorie goal for weeks and weeks, it works every time :tongue:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My secret: being aware of appropriate serving sizes and accurately measuring portions.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My most useful "secret" that has kept me focused and prevented me from my typical yo-yo cycle is this: One day or one week of bad choices doesn't mean it's time to quit; everyone needs time off, but the important thing is to own it and get back on the fitness horse.

This isn't really anything earth-shatteringly profound, but it took me twenty-eight years and six failed diets to finally learn and live by it!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    bump x
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's easier to not eat that extra 200 calories than it is to exercise for an extra 40 minutes.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You have to want to be healthy/fitter/stronger/lighter badly enough.

And my mantra consistently remains "results or excuses: never both".

My secret? Not gonna lie, hard work.

Also - no such thing as a quick fix. Ever.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    start now, don't stop, if you do, go back to the start
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For me the only thing that has worked so far is low carb! Its great results! :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    move your butt and eat whole foods
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Consistency and clean eating. For the last year, I wasn't able to work out due to health problems (developed hypothyroid and meds were not regulated correctrly by my doc=extreme fatigue, sometimes just curled up in a ball sick), but I have always maintained my clean eating, and I was able to maintain the loss I had or lose a few here and there. Now that I have been able to work out now, I have seen the scale really move.