What do you eat with cottage cheese?

Options
So, I'm trying to add cottage cheese into my healthy eating but I am clueless as to what to put in/on it? How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Replies

• jenaphile
    jenaphile Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese straight from the container. But it's also GREAT on toast. Like, too great.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I like to add a tablespoon of reduced sugar jam (strawberry usually) and some crushed graham crackers. YUM! Dessert! I also use it in protein pancakes. My kid inhales 6 of them every time I make them!
  • _Brown_Eyed_Girl_
    _Brown_Eyed_Girl_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic with the jam and crackers!
  • bageibel
    Options
    I add up fresh or canned fruit on top of my cottage cheese. i can make it taste different each time. Even applesauce or jelly is good also.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    fruit or granola
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    capers!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I add a little garlic pepper to mine and eat it from the container, or I eat it with pears(yummy), or sometimes just some wheat thins.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    cantaloupe

or on saltines :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just like it by itself. I pretend I am Little Miss Muffatt, but focus on the curds and disregard the whey.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder sometimes, but usually defrost some berries and mix in the cottage cheese and a few walnuts. Tomato is a good pairing too. My son likes strawberry jam. So many options. It's also great on caramel rice cakes.
  • Faith2Bfit
    Faith2Bfit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love crushed pineapple with it. Make sure it is 100% juice though. Pears are good with it too.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I add chives,parsley and garlic use as a dip for carrots,snap peas,celery etc. Or is also great with some salsa mixed in.
  • kategramlich
    Options
    I prefer savory foods with cottage cheese, so I usually add some basil or pepper and a few cherry tomatoes :)
  • ajpsjw
    ajpsjw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use it on baked potatos instead of butter and lettuce and cottage cheese instead of dressing.
  • Katie187
    Options
    chocolate protein powder and strawberries
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Blueberry jelly if I am feeling like a splurge.

I also use it in place of salad dressing sometimes.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like pineapple tidbits. I also like to take 1/2 c cottage cheese, mix in a packet of truvia and cinnamon. To that I add one diced up apple and stir. It's pretty awesome.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Walnuts and pineapple! Yummy! I also put sunflower seeds and berries.
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I mix a sprinkle of dry sugar free jello mix into it for color and flavor
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to make it an afternoon snack.....1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of salsa, and 10 rice thin crackers(or a cracker of your choice). Then spoon a little of each on a cracker and pop it in your mouth!