What do you eat with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    plain; w/tomatoes; w/pineapple; mixed in salad.
  • starvinglunatic
    Options
    potatoes ♥♥
    or tomatoes.
    BUT POTATOES. RED. MMMM.
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just had mine on grainy toast with leg ham, nom nom!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes
    By itself or
    With tuna
  • laughablyginger
    Options
    I like to replace my salad dressing with cottage cheese every now and then. It helps to cut some of the fat from creamy dressings and adds a ton of protein! I think it tastes great over raw spinach, personally.

I also like to eat it with soft raw pears like d'anjou. Or poach a harder pear with some stevia and eat them for breakfast. You can get the texture of the softer fruit without it sitting in a tin with processed syrup. It's also really good to add a dash of cinnamon and some vanilla extract, on crackers, as veggie dip, inside crepes... you name it!
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    I like to have it with some pepper on it... but growing up my mom would always eat it with tuna!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love it On baked potatoes and Scrambled eggs.
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    Black pepper and peanut butter. Get a little peanut butter each time you dip the spoon. It's an awesome late night calorie filler.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I mix it with instant pudding powder. YUM! Or I put it on toast with maple syrup. Seriously delicious :D
  • tonibologne
    Options
    If you have a food processor or blender you can put the cottage cheese in there. Puree it til it becomes the consistency of yogurt. Then you can use this like yogurt and make a lower calorie parfait. Add fresh fruit, nuts and sweeten with honey, agave nectar or artificial sweetener.

After you puree it you can also make pancakes with it. Just add some flour, an egg, and sweeten it. Play with the measurements depending on the consistency of pancake you like. Serve it with macerated fruit (adding a lil sugar & if you like lemon zest/juice to sliced fruit. Let it sit for a couple of minutes so the natural juices come out).

Enjoy!
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Blown my mind! i would never have thought to mix sweet things with cottage cheese. Can't wait to go home and give some of these a go!
  • tonibologne
    Options
    I mix it with instant pudding powder. YUM! Or I put it on toast with maple syrup. Seriously delicious :D

ooooo that sounds really good!!! Do you puree the cottage cheese first?
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Either pears or peaches or savory with cherry tomatoes and green olives.
  • tonibologne
    Options
    I like to add a tablespoon of reduced sugar jam (strawberry usually) and some crushed graham crackers. YUM! Dessert! I also use it in protein pancakes. My kid inhales 6 of them every time I make them!

The addition of graham crackers sounds tasty!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I add a TBS of shelled sun flower seeds
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    After watching my dad's puppies rolling around in a plate of it, I can't it eat. He used CC to wean the puppies from their mommy.... Cute and disgusting at the same time.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A sprinkle of pepper and a spoon is all I need. Or, I like to put a dollop in my chili. Add some calcium to the protein and fiber I'm getting.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Usually just plain. I have eaten on baked potatoes or with something else for breakfast or lunch, but I don't mix anything into it. I do have a protein shake recipe that calls for cottage cheese. I've tried making the shakes without it, just using milk, but they just aren't as creamy or thick.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jacket potato, beans and cottage cheese or cottage cheese and chili sauce.
    Or mainly with my salads.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    chop up an apple into bite size chunks, add 1/2 cup cottage cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon....to die for!!!!!!!!!