over 100 lbs to lose looking for similar stats

Options

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Lost 61lbs (as of today, ticker not updated yet) Would like to lose a total of 120. Feel free to add me!
  • Flipflops2004
    Flipflops2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not ashamed to say I'm at 320 pounds...5 months out of a back surgery, and I have PCOS. With all that being said. I just did an hour of High intensity Zumba without stopping or taking shotcuts. If you need someone to encourage you then add me! I am determined to lose 145 pounds by my ten year reunion in August 2013! I was ALWAYS the fat girl. Not any more!!! I also have severe pcos and with this weight on me the chances of ever having a child is slim.

I have walked in your shoes. Add me and let's get better shoes :)
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    feel free add to me anyone:bigsmile:
  • AubieCRNP
    AubieCRNP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started out with 100 lbs to lose to make goal weight, and now have 90 more to go. We can do this :)
  • gurssy
    gurssy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I need some more people to keep me motivated as well... I currently weigh 270 and would ultimately like to weigh around 150 if possible.... We can do this thing together. :)
  • TashiaMH
    TashiaMH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to add me, I have well over a 100 to lose. I'm on this site quite often as well.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am not ashamed to say I'm at 320 pounds...5 months out of a back surgery, and I have PCOS. With all that being said. I just did an hour of High intensity Zumba without stopping or taking shotcuts. If you need someone to encourage you then add me! I am determined to lose 145 pounds by my ten year reunion in August 2013! I was ALWAYS the fat girl. Not any more!!! I also have severe pcos and with this weight on me the chances of ever having a child is slim.

I have walked in your shoes. Add me and let's get better shoes :)
    FR accepted!!! I've had 4 back surgeries myself...my dad joked that they should have installed a zipper back there. I'm determined to make sure that my last one 9 years ago IS my last one!

Side note about PCOS - apologize in advance for hijacking the thread, but it might help others - has your dr recommended low-carb due to the condition? I've met others with PCOS who have had great success with it, in fact it was the ONLY thing that worked. And low doesn't have to be Atkins-low (20g), even keeping them under 150g daily could make a big difference. Just a thought.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, you can, too. Really. I know that probably sounds like a giant heap of horse manure, but it's true. You have to educate yourself and you have to keep tweaking what you're doing. It's a learning process. You have already done the number one most important thing you have to do to win this battle....You've started your journey. You're so far better off than all of those people sitting on their couches, stuffing their faces, living in denial.

Add me. I'm here EVERY DAY, without fail.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. It seems overwhelming at first, but just take it 1 pound at a time. Tomorrow will be my 300th consecutive day logging in. I really didn't think I would make it this far. I have health conditions that make the weight fall off slowly. I only lost like 2 lbs the whole summer. I thought I would just get frustrated and give up (and I thought about it, believe me). But... It's a big part of my life now. :)

P.S. I added you! <3
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We're already pals but I will be losing >100 lbs when it's all said & done. My best advice is not to focus on the total amount you're trying to lose because it easily becomes overwhelming. What I've done is take it in 2-5 lb chunks so that it seems doable. For example, I started at 316 so my first goal was to lose 5 lbs. I did it! Then at 311, I worked on losing 2 more pounds to get into a new decade. Did that too! 3 more pounds got me to 306 (10 lbs lost!), another 5 was 15 lbs lost, then 2 more got me to a new century.

It hasn't been a linear process, so I find that attaching dates to those goals is not motivating to me personally. Sometimes I lost 2 lbs a week, sometimes I lost 2 lbs in 3 months. But I didn't let that discourage me, because every pound lost gave me more & more confidence that I really CAN take control of my weight & improve my health.

If you haven't already, start a regular exercise program. It doesn't matter as much what you do as how consistent you are with it. As I got stronger I naturally felt more confident about my fitness & was motivated to challenge myself with fitness goals. Over time they became even more important than my weight loss goals because they are more predictable.

Two & a half years ago my exercise program was walking 3 times a week as far as I could before back pain forced me to turn back, & initially those were 15-minute walks. Within a week 15 turned into 20 turned into 30 turned into a gym membership turned into regular strength training with the cardio...

...a week & a half ago I ran my very first half-marathon straight through without walking, 86 lbs lighter. Not only that, I recovered quickly due to my dedicated training & was nearly good as new the next day. It was amazing.

And YOU are amazing for being here, so set that next goal & SMASH IT!!!

Bravo to you and your success! This is a wonderful story.

I also refuse to set time lines to my goals. That hasn't worked for me and I find it terribly counter productive.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ~ anyone! I've lost 81 so far and have anywhere from 60 - 70 to go! Best of luck on your journey!
  • Roxyann
    Options
    I to have a 110 to lose. Would love to be a email friend to you. Maybe we can help support each other. Please look me up under friends to get my email address. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I can stand to lose 100 lbs. Feel free to add if you have your diary open to your friends.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the great response!!
    it really helps to know there are others that know what it's like to lose a large amount of weight.
    i'm pretty sure most of us have had life long battles with our weight.
    i appreciate you all reaching out to me.
    thanks!!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have tons to lose!! Feel free to add me you`d like!!
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    From the start, I have about 100lbs to lose. Technically I think, 118 to lose and 20-25 lbs of muscle to gain. Due to my small frame and height I should weight 100lbs but i want to look healthy and fit so I am aiming for a toned 125.

Anyone who wants support nice or mean lmao, add me :D
  • ghettobanker
    Options
    Well what you waiting for...lets get going. Already on the road and put the first 96 lbs behind me and still got about 99lbs to go.
    Friend me and I will share various tips, and programs.

Russell
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    thanks everyone.
    it will be great getting to know you all, and sharing our journeys with each other.

i can only add 5 people at a time and i tried to add you all.
    i may have missed a couple, so if i didn't add you - add me!
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    thanks for all the friend requests everyone.
    it really is helping to see so many posts from people going through the same sort of things i am going through.
    this is a great community!!
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am also needing to loose over 100lbs. Hopefully we can all inspire each other. Please feel free to add me if looking for support.