Sorry for your loss.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    1000x500px-LL-ee539bf1_shcool.jpg
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I totally support this, and I get so sick of others trying to belittle or insult someone for trying to improve the intelligence and awareness of others.

It's bad enough when I see a post on Facebook that reads "i dunno why peeps b on me about what i do it isnt ur business u do ur thing n i do mine" and I realize it was written by the 20 year old girl I used to work with who recently had a BABY... ...and I basically have to wonder how much longer does our species really have left... So if someone steps up through the opposition and tries to HELP people, just let it happen, okay? Or accept that fact that you're probably one of the folks the OP was referring to, make a mental note of the grammar lesson and move forward in your life.

And yes - on a FITNESS site, we should all be a bit better with our weight LOSSES and LOOSE vocabulary. :smile: I'd hate to start hearing about people's "wait" gain, after all...
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I used to get annoyed by spelling and grammatical errors but you know what I realised? They were not as important as the message the person was trying to convey.

One of my new friends is dyslexic and it is sometimes difficult to make sense of what he is saying but he is the most motivating and supportive person anyone could wish for, so who cares how he spells the words when his message is so clear.:drinker:
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Spread the word. It seems only about 50% or less know this. Thank you and have a good day!
    [/quote]

Not to pick bones, but with you being a teacher, I'm surprised at your improper placement of the word "only" within your sentence. Check yourself. :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I totally support this, and I get so sick of others trying to belittle or insult someone for trying to improve the intelligence and awareness of others.
    But it's OK to belittle and insult people whose spelling is not up to par on a message board?

This is NOT the place for it. It's very rude.
  • DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to get annoyed by spelling and grammatical errors but you know what I realised? They were not as important as the message the person was trying to convey.

One of my new friends is dyslexic and it is sometimes difficult to make sense of what he is saying but he is the most motivating and supportive person anyone could wish for, so who cares how he spells the words when his message is so clear.:drinker:

This. One of my best mates is dyslexic and I'd rather have a cup of coffee or go to a movie with him, rather than a person who knows how to use "loose" or "lose" correctly.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU...that really bugs me when I see that....could be that's because my parents were teachers:wink:
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So people may not be as good at spelling as you - If we all had the same strengths and weaknesess then that would be useless - I'm not a great speller but I try my best.

Can you overcome a life threatening illness ? I have
    Can you run a half marathon weeks after ? I can

So im sorry if my spelling offends you but some people are too busy trying to get through life to worry about petty things like loose & lose
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the people who let the little things bother them so much they create a whole new thread.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the people who let the little things bother them so much they create a whole new thread.

Lol^^