MFPers with kids..

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Whatcha thinking about getting the little ones for Christmas?

Son wants Ninjago everything (DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CRAZE)
Daughter wants barbie house. She doesn't play with the barbies she has.

They'll be getting a little less this year, as I want them each to pick out a toy or two for Toys for Tots.

Replies

• fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    you are lucky my 9 year old and my 12 year old want laptops, long for the barbie and little car days.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have two boys, ages seven and three....and absolutely no idea what to get my older boy! He wants toys....but NEVER plays with them lol!

I'll be getting my little guy some farm sets and anything "Cars" that's all he's into lately :).
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My older son 7- we are going to get him a new bike. The younger one still no idea. I do know it will not be legos. We have about a million of those.

I like that Toys for Tots idea.
  • freedomischaos
    freedomischaos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have two boys, ages seven and three....and absolutely no idea what to get my older boy! He wants toys....but NEVER plays with them lol!

See if you can get the older boy into a hobby or sorts. A friend's daughter just turned nine, she does a mix of archery, cello and rock climbing at the local Y (the rock climbing part at the Y, other parts elsewhere).
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    My son isn't asking for much, just a Macbook Pro. :laugh: Not sure what my daughter wants though......hopefully it's something within the $50-$100 range. :happy:
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What do you get for a 7-8 month old! LOL that is the problem that I am having. I have no clue what her other family members are going to get her but what I am going to get her?
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i have 5 kids. they will be with their dad for christmas this year. i won't see them until the 26th.
    i have decided no more little gifts for each individual child. so, this year i am going to get THEM a trampoline and a trip to a place called massanutten, it's a 4 season resort that has skiing and an indoor water park ( which we will hopefully be able to do over new years :-) )

i'll get them little things for their stockings ( like necessities).
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    good question......mine want things like cell phones, video games & laptops....damn teenag boys....even my 9yr old girl wants a cell phone!

I'm stumped.....think im gonna give the senior a free pass ticket for college next yr, lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    i have 5 kids. they will be with their dad for christmas this year. i won't see them until the 26th.
    i have decided no more little gifts for each individual child. so, this year i am going to get THEM a trampoline and a trip to a place called massanutten, it's a 4 season resort that has skiing and an indoor water park ( which we will hopefully be able to do over new years :-) )

i'll get them little things for their stockings ( like necessities).
    I used to live about 5 minutes away from Massanutten. :")
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Mine are teenagers. So they will likely be getting clothes for Christmas.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This is the first year thar Gabriel seems to be asking for EVERYTHING. I keep trying to explain that he's going overboard. Toys R Us has a bunch of Ninjago stuff on sale this weekend I think!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    My son will be 9 next week and he wants an ipod touch for Christmas and a skateboard for his birthday. So I will get him that and a few other small things (xbox games & stuff)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    What do you get for a 7-8 month old! LOL that is the problem that I am having. I have no clue what her other family members are going to get her but what I am going to get her?

Stuff she can chew on safely. She's probably teething and trying to chew on everything right now, so soft safe toys like that are great. Those teething rings you can freeze are awesome too. Don't spend too much. They outgrow toys like crazy at that age!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Things for archery, baking, science kits, microscopes and other fun learning things! I am not big into character toys, but love open ended toys that encourage creativity and skill building. The babies I will probably do a rocking horse and a really neat combination xylophone and hammer toy. Yes, we are nerds, but I love that about us!
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    11 year old son wants Lord of the Rings Battle of the Helm Lego set...which is over $100 and he never plays with legos and/or looses them so not likely to get it. Also wants some pc game which we will probably get him.
    9 year old son wants Ninjago legos, a few DS games and a few WII games.
    2 1/2 year old daughter wants any toy they show on tv so she shouldn't be too hard to buy for. I already bought her at Costco that dreamlight unicorn....everytime they show that on tv she tells me she wants it.
    So 1 gift already bought.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    my son is 2.

so we'll get him clothes, and a couple toys (my wife will surely buy more than a 'couple') and let him play with wrapping paper and the boxes.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    my son is 2.

so we'll get him clothes, and a couple toys (my wife will surely buy more than a 'couple') and let him play with wrapping paper and the boxes.
    hahaha
    Cool son brah!
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    A hoop and a stick, if they're really lucky a tangerine.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My 3.5 yrs old been asking for an iPhone. lol. I don't know where that is coming from.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old must think I'm loaded. Laptop, iPhone, cash for the mall, telescope that costs a ton. It's really cool though so I'm considering it as a family gifts she looks at me like a crazy person when I ask about smaller gifts.
    My 7 year old boy wants a movie camera, editing software and clay. He's into stop motion movies. I have some ideas.
    My 4 year old will be easy. Pink stuff, dressup clothes and princesses. I miss the days when they all got excited about those kinds of gifts!