MFPers with kids..

Options

Replies

• campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    We're going to Disneyland as a family :love: Boom, Christmas shopping done lol
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i have a 4yo girl and 2yo boy i going to start switching out the 'baby toys' for the 'toddler/young kids toys'
    my daughter is all about princesses, target has as box set of all six disney princesses for about $50 and some long sleeve shirts.
    for my son anything/something leaper frog and melissa & doug games he seems to really like them when he's in therapy. and of course the basics under wear and socks :)
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    for disney trip
    i'm waiting for the kids to get older for this, plus i told my husband when i get to the level of a half marathon i'm going to do the princess half marathon @ disney world we all can go then and make it a family trip!!! :bigsmile:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants everything she sees. Last year her favorite gift was her Leapster so I will be buying her the upgraded one this year.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options

It's probably the last year we'll have toys under the tree so we're making the most of it :)

This made me sad. I'm 32 and I still get presents under the tree.

She'll still get presents under the tree of course! I just think she'll probably have outgrown toys by next year :(
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Since mine is still a toddler, I am going to get her a Leapfrog leaptop and some megablocks... and probably a few other things.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We do the 4 gifts: something you want, something you need, something to play with, and something to read. Keeps them grounded in what they ask for so nothing goes in the toy box on Christmas Day and only removed to donate it. We do combine things like for the need it may be jeans, socks, and underwear. Or play can be a couple lego sets that are related.

Anyway, this year my kids are asking for tablets, guitar, skylander game and figures. My daughter hasnt asked for anything but shes hard to buy for because she doesnt really play with much but I think I am going to get her a karoake machine.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old is getting an electric scooter and the xbox 360 steering wheel for a game he has.

My almost 2 year old daughter, well her birthday is December 15, so either for Christmas or her birthday she'll be getting the fisher price princess doll house or a play kitchen. Which ever one she doesn't get for her birthday, she will get for Christmas.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I have two boys, ages seven and three....and absolutely no idea what to get my older boy! He wants toys....but NEVER plays with them lol!

I'll be getting my little guy some farm sets and anything "Cars" that's all he's into lately :).

mine are the same age. Getting my 7 year old the Skylanders Giants game... apparently all the craze right now......

No idea about my little man though...... =/
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

It's probably the last year we'll have toys under the tree so we're making the most of it :)

This made me sad. I'm 32 and I still get presents under the tree.

She'll still get presents under the tree of course! I just think she'll probably have outgrown toys by next year :(

Oh yay!! I thought you ment she had out grown Christmas.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Son is 6. Yep. .Ninjago.. He collects the characters and trades them with his friends. He's dying for more lego sets, but I think he just wants the characters (minifigs) that come in them! . grrr.

I might get him the Ninjago movie on Amazon.

He's also into Looney Tunes lately (I have a dvd). .so I'll probably get another one of those.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ours wants her first ever game console to be able to do....

Wait for it!

Dance Craze! Yes, EXERCISE! I'M AMUSED! On the other hand, I'm all for it!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    What do you get for a 7-8 month old! LOL that is the problem that I am having. I have no clue what her other family members are going to get her but what I am going to get her?

Look in any of the stores for gifts marked for that age. Depending on your budget, you can get her/him a toy under $5-10 and deposit $20-50 or more into mutual fund for that child.

Good Idea, I also have a 10 month old boy. My wife set up a Christmas List and Birthday list for him on Target. It is just like a wedding registry, works great for out of town family that want to gift and for all those that don't like gifting money and want to get something that the child does not already have.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Son is 6. Yep. .Ninjago.. He collects the characters and trades them with his friends. He's dying for more lego sets, but I think he just wants the characters (minifigs) that come in them! . grrr.

I might get him the Ninjago movie on Amazon.

He's also into Looney Tunes lately (I have a dvd). .so I'll probably get another one of those.

You can just buy the minifigs. They come in mystery packs but you may come out cheaper just buying several of those as opposed to the whole set.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My boys are both in to Skylanders, and the new GIants game just came out. We grabbed that one early because last year they characters were impossible to find after Thanksgiving. They also like hiking and geocaching with me, so Santa will probably bring them each an inexpensive handheld GPS they can use to cache with.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm going to thank the DVR gods above for the ability to fast forward through commercials. She sees nothing advertised, she's not bombarded with sales pitches and she's happy with what she's got. That may change later on down the road when she's handed the remote to watch what she wants but now we get her clothes and a couple of toys.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have two boys....

the baby (2yrs old):
    2 shirts
    an Easel
    a little laptop thing ($20 from garden ridge!!)
    a grave digger monster truck (my boys are obsessed with monster trucks!!!)
    I think he is getting one more thing but i can't think of it right now.....
    In his stocking:
    Crayons
    paper for the easel
    socks
    big boy underwear (potty training!!)
    an ornament reflecting his 3rd christmas
    snacks
    a book
    and some batteries for his toys.

the oldest (5yrs old):
    2 shirts
    2 basketballs (regular size and a small size)
    a teaball glove
    and a pitching maching (he's into sports!)
    In his stocking:
    a University of Texas (UT fans!! \m/) plastic cup
    drawing pad and pencils
    flash cards with letters and words on them to help him learn to read (he is in pre-K right now)
    a little piggy bank
    snacks
    a book
    an ornament reflecting his 5th christmas
    batteries for his toys.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Jasper -

a power tool toy toolkit

a bean bag chair for the living room

Erik

A Sophy the Giraffe chew toy
    A door bouncer (he might get this early... like tomorrow lol)
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My son is 2.5 and obsessed with trains, so we're getting him a train table. My daughter, age 5.5, has asked for a horse. Not gonna happen, sweetie! I'm thinking about a play-size stable for her horse figurines.

Both kids want Dream Lites...which will probably get used even less than their pillow pets.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My son is 2.5 and obsessed with trains, so we're getting him a train table. My daughter, age 5.5, has asked for a horse. Not gonna happen, sweetie! I'm thinking about a play-size stable for her horse figurines.

Both kids want Dream Lites...which will probably get used even less than their pillow pets.

oh my sons love their pillow pets. The oldest has lightening mcqueen and the baby has a panda :-)