nightly cravings...augh..

Options
13»

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I try to eat dinner really late, between 8-9pm. And I always have a snack before bed. Usually something with volume like an English muffin with pb and something I just want, like a couple cookies. Of course I make sure through the day I manage my calories to do that. Some people would probably slam me for eating late and having ....OMG..... sugar but you have to do what works for you.
  • blueeyedrunner71
    blueeyedrunner71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: UPDATE, My eating is getting better.
    I'm still eating not as much and not as often...
    I read that if you take a greentea and multi vitamins in the afternoon
    Around an half-hour before dinner it will help night time eating.
    It seems to be working but, I''ve just started.
    More testing needed ..lol..:tongue::drinker:
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get headaches in the night, too - always have - and one of the ways I've helped soothe that over the years is by snacking on sweets in the middle of the night. I'm trying to not do that, too. It's hard.

You're not alone in this!

Sounds like your blood sugar is getting too low. You might try a snack before bedtime to see if that helps. See my post above about my diabetic husband ;)
  • blueeyedrunner71
    Options
    :drinker: I'm getting better not getting up every night .and I can feel the difference.:happy: :tongue: :drinker:
  • blueeyedrunner71
    Options
    :drinker: :explode: I had a bad night of eating after bed.
    Had fiber one bar and 3 bowls of cereal...
    Feel like **** today.:explode: :frown: :sad: :mad:
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :explode: Anyone out there that have an idea to me or anyone from eatting after they hit the bed..
    Its killing me. I mean I save cals for my nightly smorgassboard..:tongue:
    I always end up eating more cals then i save..
    Any idea that will help me from getting up at all?!!!:drinker:

I know the feeling. The other day I went to a dinner buffet and stuffed myself so I could hardly walk away. I fell asleep, but didn't sleep well, woke up in the middle of night and had my first breakfast. Just before dawn the second breakfast, by eight o'clock the third. All of them packed with fiber, but no go. I wasn't ok until well into the afternoon. Fortunately this doesn't happen often for me.
  • blueeyedrunner71
    Options
    :drinker: I fell off the wagon ,but I am back on... :smile:
    I have been back on for about 3wks and have lost 9lbs,,,:noway:
    just starting to feel good...well if any out there wants to be friends and help..i would love the help to keep me modtivated..
    Rob
  • blueeyedrunner71
    Options
    I started to take a banana w/ me upstairs so when I get the craving I would eat that...
    Its high in surger and a 25 of what u would probly eat other wise...hope this helps.
    It has been working for me..Rob
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I know my body and I know I tend to get the munchies around bedtime so I allow it, as long as it's healthy. I plan on having a stalk of celery with a tablespoon of peanut butter or a laughing cow wedge of cheese. The crunchy texture of the celery takes me a little while to eat, and I have water at my bedside table. After that, I get out of the kitchen. I'm a lazy person by nature so in order to get anything else to eat, I'd have to go all the way back into the kitchen. Nine times out of ten I'm not hungry enough to do it. While you're saving back calories for your nightly nosh, try planning in advance what the snack will be and go ahead and log it in. That way you'll see in black and white what the numbers are and if you set the food aside, you'll see how much you're eating. Hope this helps. :)
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    I appreciate this thread very much as this is my single biggest issue with food. I am literally becoming desperate to change my nighttime eating habits which are way out of control. generally its a slice of toast with butter and jam. which sometimes becomes two slices. this is after an already full day with full meals and usually even ice cream or some type of dessert. I know none of that sounds like im trying at all but I am. in the day ill restrict breakfast to oatmeal and lunches I do veggies in soup (under 200 cals) dinners are also reasonable but not restricted (like 500 cals each) and then I tell my self I can have a little bowl of ice cream so I wont feel deprived but then the "toast" cravings hit......

im doomed!