Fav & Most Hated Christmas Carol

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Favorite - The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)

Least Favorite - Santa Baby or Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love them all and am so excited that my local radio stations are playing them already!!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am not the only one who hates Christmas Shoes!

Fav: Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
    Hated: The stupid hippo song

You are my twin. I'm the same with both of them!

Second most hated: any song with a guy singing Santa Baby OR My Favorite things. It's just creepy!!
  • TrixieTN
    Options
    Fave: I'll Be Home for Christmas
    Least Fave: None

I'm not familiar with some of the ones people are listing as least fave, so maybe I've been spared the terrible Christmas carols.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can't say I really have a favorite one, I think it all depends on who is singing and the music behind it. I'm a huge fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, they add some serious intensity to your average Christmas song.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love:
    What Child Is This?
    O Holy Night
    White Christmas
    Christmas Song
    Merry Christmas Darling
    It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (RIP Andy Williams)

NOT a fan of:
    I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
    Little Drummer Boy
    Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Favourite - Baby It's Cold Outside
    Hated - Little Drummer Boy

ETA - I guess Baby It's Cold Outside isn't really a "carol", but it's still my favourite Christmas song :)
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like Bad Little Boy by Ray Stevens. http://susie1114.com/Christmas/badlittleboy.html

My least fav would be the hippo song.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Can't say I hate any of the songs but they do start grating on my nerves about 2 weeks in to playing them on the radio. My Favorite though is Oh Holy Night
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE: Do you hear what I hear

I don't really have a hated. so ill give you another love!: Silent Night by The Temptations :heart:
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    FAV The Little Drummer Boy. Although the Who's Christmas Song is pretty good, (Dahoo Doray )

Least:: Can't think of one.

I joined a Barbershop Chorus this year and I can't wait till we go out caroling. I guess I understand the Christmas song haters, I just can't share your sentiment. The music is one of the best parts of Xmas, although they could wait a little longer to start playing it.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Favorite - The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)

Least Favorite - Santa Baby or Baby, It's Cold Outside

Guess it all depends on who is singing. Michael Buble' makes Baby, it's Cold Outside sound pretty darn good
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't like the super slow versions of otherwise perfectly good Christmas songs. They make me want to slit my wrists. Christmas is supposed to be a happy time. Quit dragging me down.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Dislike - all of them (especially in November!!)
    Like - January, when they get put back in the dark hole they came from.

Humbug.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Favorites:
    It's Christmas by Bouquet of Veal (Features teh line "**** you stupid homeless guy, you put a damper on my jubiliation."
    C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S by The Vandals Hillarious!

Least Favorite:
    The First Noel (Seriously they only sing about that one.. Was the 2nd Noel total crap?)
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok not really a Carol, but my Fav Christmas song is "What do the lonely do at Christmas" by the emotions, don't ask me why :blushing: LOL Close second is This Christmas.

Dislike, ANY Bing Crosby or Elvis sung Carol.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Favorite(s) - Tie between Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Sinatra or Garland versions. Christina Aguilera destroyed this song), O' Holy Night (and I'm not even religious), and The Christmas Song

Most Hated - Little Drummer Boy is especially awful, as is White Christmas, Silver Bells, and any of the cutesy ones (Jingle Bells, Rudolph, blah blah blah)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    O' Holy Night (and I'm not even religious)
    'zactly what I was coming in to say.

I don't *hate* any of them, though Christmas Shoes is pushing it. And Santa Baby remakes.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Favorite(s) - Tie between Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Sinatra or Garland versions. Christina Aguilera destroyed this song), O' Holy Night (and I'm not even religious), and The Christmas Song

Most Hated - Little Drummer Boy is especially awful, as is White Christmas, Silver Bells, and any of the cutesy ones (Jingle Bells, Rudolph, blah blah blah)
    O'holy night was my favorite before I heard Christmas Cannon. LOVE it.
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fav: "The Day Santa Claus went Crazy" - Wierd Al Yankovic :)
    Least Fav: "It's cold outside" by anyone who sings it