Before- and after breakfast weight difference?

Options
Hi guys and gals,

After eating my breakfast(an omelet with a slice of cheese, turkey and a tomato), I weighed myself once more(just to check out how much I would weigh more with my breakfast), and the scale said I gained 0.5 kg with that. Is that normal? Should I weigh 0.5 kg extra with breakfast included?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing yourself more than once a week. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to analyze the little fluctuations.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Yes. You've added the weight of the food into your body, probably along with liquid. So you will weigh more.

Weigh yourself. Drink two cups of water. Step back on the scale, you will weigh a pound more. You haven't "gained" a pound, you simply have a pound of water in your stomach that was there a few minutes ago. Same thing.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Food has a weight.

Whats the issue?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't. There must something else going on.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Of course you are going to weight more after eating and drinking.

Even without eating or drinking our weight changes throughout the day. Weigh once a week at the same time, same day under the same circumstances or you will drive yourself nuts with the changes
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you ate something with lower calories you'd weigh less after eating. This also works if you eat off of someone elses plate. They get the calories, not you.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You also will gain weight if you stand on a scale and then someone hands you a plate of food.

I would suggest not weighing yourself so frequently or at the very least, don't concern yourself with minor differences that occur intra-day.
  • JuroNemo14
    JuroNemo14 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It ain't like that. I weigh myself once a day, but I found myself losing weight to fast. So I decided, to weigh myself as usual, but also weigh myself after eating, to see if there would be a big difference. I don't know if a difference like this should be normal, or shows how unstable my weight is because of the speed I accidentaly am going through this.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It ain't like that. I weigh myself once a day, but I found myself losing weight to fast. So I decided, to weigh myself as usual, but also weigh myself after eating, to see if there would be a big difference. I don't know if a difference like this should be normal, or shows how unstable my weight is because of the speed I accidentaly am going through this.

Many times when I drink 16oz of water and then weigh myself I gain a pound. Proof that water makes you fat.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

You added food to your body ... you gain weight when that happens.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

You could also try weighing yourself before and after bowel movements. Compare that to before and after meal weight to get an idea of...something.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    mmmkthen.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Dude, if you eat 5 pounds of zucchini and step on a scale, you will have gained 5 pounds! And then you poop it out. It's like magic.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So, when I was nursing my son they would determine how much milk he was getting by weighing him before and after eating like this: weight, eat, weight again with in increase of 3oz, meaning he hate 3 oz of milk.

You consumed .5kg of food and beverage.

Science
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself, take a shower and then weigh yourself again...that too will cause a gain as the water enters your skin in the shower as well.

Most people know that weighing yourself throughout the day is going to have a lot of fluctuations so we don't do it and therefore have no idea how much different the scale will read after eating a meal.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

How fast did you eat? If you eat faster you should weigh less because the food goes through your system faster.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals,

After eating my breakfast(an omelet with a slice of cheese, turkey and a tomato), I weighed myself once more(just to check out how much I would weigh more with my breakfast), and the scale said I gained 0.5 kg with that. Is that normal? Should I weigh 0.5 kg extra with breakfast included?

^^^This is a troll - right?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hi guys and gals,

is this a joke?
  • marytheindian
    Options
    Of course you will have gained weight silly, where else is the food/water going to go?!
    I used to the exact same thing and freak out but it's the weight in the morning that counts the most as well as the waist and hip measurements. Don't worry too much about it.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

You could also try weighing yourself before and after bowel movements. Compare that to before and after meal weight to get an idea of...something.

tumblr_lnvrsrJWlt1qe83jeo1_500.png