affordable diet pills?

Options
hi :) I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on different diet pills in the 20 to 30 dollar range? I have been taking Lipo-6 which works for me but its getting a little too expensive.
now I KNOW diet pills are bad especially if you take them regularly, that is why I only take one whenever I am having a "bad appetite day" which is about 2-3 times a month so I am careful and take them in moderation.

Anyways, I'm looking at trying some that I don't have to order online. Walgreens carrys a few. Im looking at trying the following:
hydroxycut
zantrex-3
slimquick ultra fat burner
jillian michaels maximum fat metacaps

has anyone tried any of these or others that are affordable? i need help deciding so if you have any opinions, please share. thanks :wink:

-ps- i hope this is ok to post here. I read the guidelines but Im not sure if this is considered harmful. if it is please let me know and I will remove it immediately

Replies

• mkaylynn
    Options
    bump?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    You don't need pills. Just eat sensibly and work out.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Remeber this old adage from the 80's? JUST SAY NO
    There is no quick fix
    calories in - calories out = body weight.
    plain and simple.
    Real ppl do not look like magazine ads, that is all photoshop. An impossible show of "perfection" Not reality.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    NO! *slaps hand*
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    a bad appetite day could very well mean that your body needs fuel. Everyone has hungry days. If you rely on diet pills you won't learn to deal with it by yourself. Diet pills are a crutch and screw with your metabolism.
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    My goodness!

I like the Hydroxycut Hardcore. I take them on occasion, but in cycles. I will take them for a couple of weeks, then stop for a few weeks, then back on again.
    They aren't "magic" and they aren't BAD either. They are a tool. You have to use them as a tool.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you really, truly only take them 2 or 3 times a month, I don't see how it's getting too expensive. One pack should last a long time. I think you are looking for something cheaper so you can take them more often. You won't get advise on that here. We believe in losing weight in a healthy way through eating right and exercise. Diet pills can cause very serious health issues. You really don't want to risk that, do you?
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Diet Pills don't work long term and give you terrible side effects. I have mine prescribed by the doctor who was closely monitoring the weight with me. In the end I hated taking them because they made me irritable, emotional and I also had terrible headaches.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Other things to spend 30 dollars on instead of diet pills

-Fresh produce and other tasty groceries
    -A month at a gym
    -An exercise dvd and a yoga mat to work out at home
    -A book or two on nutrition and fitness.

I mean if you are set on spending the 30 dollars on something that could possibly damage your liver permanently, buy a bottle of Jack and me and you will hit the town!

PS) I'm not really trying to be mean. I just don't think anyone should be taking diet pills. They are dangerous, expensive and not worth it in the long run. Most of the pills available in the States aren't even legal in Canada and other countries as well. There are other ways to reach our goals. :)
  • iainhawthorn
    iainhawthorn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A oid them, boost your metabolism with caffeine instead - chemically it works the same way : metabolism stimulant and appetite supressant at the same time. And enjoy a chat with friends while you do it...low fat milk only, sweeteners if you need them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/795568-diet-supplements-hydroxycut-alli-xenadrine-etc

Diet pills are all placebo's and will not provide any greater benefit to weight loss.
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have taken fastin, and it works good for me. I only have to take one bottle (like a month or so), and I've got it under control.

The first time I took them was last fall, took my one bottle, and was able to control my appetite without them. I fell off the wagon, and bought another bottle about a month ago...

I know, I know, they are bad for me. But so is carrying around an extra 186 pounds.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    they might be affordable up front, but they are going to cause major, lifelong damaging problems down the road..... just eat smarter, move more and lift weights....
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you, why do you feel you need pills? This is not negative, and sinc eyou don't show a weight loss ticker below your name, I am wondering if you have a lot to lose or are looking just to take them to maintain? If you don't have much to lose, you need to address the real issue, which is making good food choices for your body's needs.

Many of us have been down this road- there are no magic pills, but, there are pills that can help for those seriously overweight, and I believe they should be prescribed and weight loss as well as any other health issues should be monitored.

Thx for bringing this topic to the MP- this is really important, and there are many taking pills that shouldn't be (and I am not against those taking them that need to- but it should be medically supervised)
  • joshkilborn
    joshkilborn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like Redline. I like it more for the energy boost it gives while I'm at work, but I do find it curbs my appetite as well. The pills are a little pricey, but there is also a liquid for that is a little more reasonable.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    They are all garbage, especially hydroxycut. basically caffeine pills with some other ingredients added for effect.

Caffeine would have the same effect at 1/10th of the cost.

Look at the ingredients.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have been fat and desperate for a change my whole life. I have tried them all. NONE WORK. There is no easy way out. Weight loss is not supposed to be easy. I have found no shortcuts for it though I have looked and looked. Save your money. Calorie counting and watching portions is free.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a cup of coffee
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    MFP is free.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I wonder what happens if you take one of each at the same time