Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/15/12

Options
arikag
arikag Posts: 94 Member
Share share shaaaare! :)

Mine was getting some positive reinforcement from a fellow gym member who asked what I was training for as I was running on the tread and I said a 5k at Thxgiving. He said "You're already at 2.5 miles now (I was running a 5k on the tread at the time), you have great form, and you seem like you're still breathing even- you're gonna kill that 5k!"

That was really nice- a major high point of my day!

Replies

• j1rivera8
    j1rivera8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive never been able to wear boots because my calves were too big and TODAY I got a brand new pair of regular boots!!!!!! im so excited!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at a dance studio, so of course the wall at the front of the class is mirrors.

Today, for the first time, I was able to watch myself dance in the mirror and not think I looked like the biggest heifer in the room.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My Men's 38 waist jeans keep slipping down. I'm going to have to get some 36's.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I was showing someone, who has only known me the last couple months, a picture of me and my brother from February and he thought that I was someone else.
  • tinagn
    tinagn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tries on a pair of shorts I bought approximately a moths ago.... it was a size 12 and now it's become way too loose for me? It was high waisted and it kept slipping off!!
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    My dad noticed! He is the gruff type. He never notices anything and certainly doesn't give out compliments much. But last night, I was over at my parents' house for his birthday. I hadn't seen him in a couple months (he is always working or napping when I go visit them). He asked me how much weight I had lost. When I told him about 20 lbs, he told me I looked nice. That comment made my night.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I wasn't embarrassed to take my shirt off in front of my tattoo artist today, not bra btw, but all I had on was a sports bra and half shirt and I wasn't humiliated!!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I ran my fastest mile yet in 9:35! Just a minute longer than my time in high school:) Finished 3 miles under 30 minutes so I am very happy today!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I tried on clothes (pants, specifically) and there wasn't one pair in the house that I couldn't get on. A few had to be weeded out because they are too big. This is the second "weeding out" I've done since starting MFP!
  • banks89202
    Options
    I can do it with the hubs in the shower now LMAO...32lbs ago I couldn't ...you asked haha :tongue:
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I ran my fastest mile yet in 9:35! Just a minute longer than my time in high school:) Finished 3 miles under 30 minutes so I am very happy today!

Great job! I'm trying to get my time down from just above 10 minute mile.. good inspiration for me :)
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I can do it with the hubs in the shower now LMAO...32lbs ago I couldn't ...you asked haha :tongue:

hahahaha! :) Love the honesty.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    A girl who hasn't seen me in a couple months told me last night that I was looking 'fit' (like MFP fit not the UK version of the word). Much better compliment then being told you've lost weight or look skinny
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    I actually got a work out in today!!! I was 30 minutes early for the fencing club, and I was actually able to catch the last 30 minutes of Zumba that uses the room before us! :happy:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    This morning I found that I can fit into the fitted tshirt I bought 3 months ago. I often buy clothes too small and work hard to fit into them. This is often the only way i know im pogressing! :)
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I got new jeans so now i wear a 29 waist instead of a 35 waist
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Today strangers on the bus told me I look good!
  • pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For the first time maybe ever, I ran ten minutes in a row. I'm coming from a fitness level of "severe pain in the side when attempting to run," so it's a pretty big deal for me. And onward I go :)
  • feliligram
    Options
    This morning I found that I can fit into the fitted tshirt I bought 3 months ago. I often buy clothes too small and work hard to fit into them. This is often the only way i know im pogressing! :)

I'm glad i'm not the only one who does this. :)
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Broke my distance record on the treadmill and am currently wearing a pair of jeans that I pulled from my "skinny clothes" drawer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!