Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    tigerstripes-380x257.jpg

We all have them, how you view them is just a matter of perception

LOVE THIS!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Get over it.. I probably have worse stretch marks than you. I bet 95% of this board has stretch marks. There's nothing we can do, accept it and move on.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Tonight, my stretchmarks are depressing me far past a level they ever have. Before I was pregnant, I had them just a little in between my thighs. Not very much. At six months pregnant, I got one and by the time I was 10 months and 2 weeks being induced, I was COVERED and I mean COVERED all over my stomach. It's to the point I feel like crying. Whether I lose weight and get fit or not, I'll ALWAYS have these disgusting, repulsive, ugly, hideous stretchmarks. While my boyfriend can have the best body and not one stretchmark, I'm stuck with these. I know he doesn't find me attractive without clothes on anymore. It's breaking me down. Do you have stretchmarks? Has anything other than time helped them? How do you deal with them?

Creams and things help, but mainly time. I have them but they are faded, really faded because It's been 30 years since I have had kids, but now I have other issues because I'm older. I don't like it but I choose to accept the things best I can, I'm not going to be someone who goes and has surgeries for every aging issue, it's just part of life and my husband says I'm beautiful and nothing else really matters.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have them - I feel like the ones on my stomach I could eventually perceive as a "badge of honour" (though they still look pretty fresh 5 months out from the birth of my daughter), but the ones on my thighs and upper arms bother me a lot more.

I thought the creams were just a money-grab, but given the positive reports here, maybe I'll give some a try.
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...seriously I have cried so many tears about my stretch marks on my stomach and mourned over the lost of my previously flat stomach. My main issue with my stretch marks is that they feel like scars, like when I touch my belly I feel them underneath the skin, if that makes sense. I use cocoa butter on them and after having my first child, around the 9 month postpartum mark is when I noticed that my stretch marks really started to lighten. But then I got preggo again lol. So now I am 4 months postpartum and while they don't look as horrible as they did when I was pregnant, they don't look great either. My husband always tries to remind me that I got two beautiful blessed children out of it and that makes me feel a little better! But one thing is for sure for me, my bikini days are OVER!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like I'm one big *kitten* stretch mark. I got my first ones after having a baby at 19. That was a total shock and took time to adjust to, but now I'm 38 and seem to have them EVERYWHERE from gaining all this weight. But, I try not to dwell on it. I do use cocoa butter just to make myself feel like I'm doing something about them. I think I will be "ok" with my stretch marks when I've reached my goal weight/size. As far as men,every guy I've dated hasn't had an issue with them They are a part of life. As Katt Williams said, "Either you was big and became small or you was small and became big. Either way, we f*ckin'." :laugh:
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    After 2 kids and losing and gaining 50+ pounds multiple times, hell yeah. Do I hate them? Yes. Is it going to stop me from loving me? Nope. Do what you can with what you have. You have to learn to let go of the things you can't change grasshopper. :smile:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have a burn on my back from when I was 18 months old and pulled an electric coffee pot down on top of me. When I was younger, I was very aware and self conscious of it. After no one ever commented on it and I also became older, it's no longer an issue.

I'd imagine stretch marks would be even less remarkable to others because they are so common.
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I call them birthmarks...if it wasnt for the birth of my boys..I wouldnt have these marks. lol. Theyre battle scars hun. Be proud of them.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Mine were so bad! I use coca butter. Also tanning has seemed to help oddly enough

Please people, don't start regularly visiting tanning beds to reduce or hide your stretch marks. As much as stretch marks suck (and I have quite a lot of em) melanoma will ALWAYS suck more.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have them but they have faded quite a bit over the years. Even my 18 year old daughter has them and she was never over weight or pregnant. Hers are on her hips and thighs. Hers first showed up when she was 15!! It all depends on your skin and how elastic it is and genetics. Our daughter takes after her tiny grand parents on my husbands side. She looks just like me but a tiny version so I call her my mini me lol You can try creams and lotions but I think the best thing is just time. I've personally never used any creams on my stretch marks and they are barely visible. I only have them on my hips thankfully. Had 3 kids and not a single stretch mark on my tummy. go figure!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Oh sweetheart! You are gorgeous! Stretchmarks or not! I have stretch marks on my butt from being pregnant! lol They will fade with time and the stretch mark lotions and oil will certainly help.

I do hope you get much more comfortable with them as time goes on but truly, those stretch marks will not detract from who you are. Wear them with pride! They are from your little bundle of joy!
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ABsolutely love the tiger quote by the way :) There is a product called Bio Oil that is very effective but I don't know where you are from, its available in the UK.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They fade A LOT. I have them from pregnancy. My daughter is 18 and they have barely been visible for years.

Don't even worry about them. They're very common, especially in women who have had children.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    tigerstripes-380x257.jpg

We all have them, how you view them is just a matter of perception

this!

YES!!
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    you shoudl be proud of your stretch marks!!! They are our battle scars that prove that women are amazing and that you made a life inside you!!!!!

Sorry but I have a feel beef with how women perceive themselves! we should be proud of our changing bodies!! It's amazing, a real miracle to have a baby inside you and we should show our daughters that this is part of womanhood and something to be very very proud of. I know women who WISH they could have children stretch marks and all so we should celebrate them not shy away from them and hate them...

and if your partner doesn't love you and your body for creating a beautiful child then he doesn't deserve you or his child....

I love this video, makes you appreciate things
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOBGQpG9fA

sorry for the rant but this is something that really gets me....

That is so nicely said. I know we have to learn love our self and appreciate how blessed we were that we gave a life to a human being. I dont like mine either but have to live with it.
  • chelseathinspired
    chelseathinspired Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honey, your body is not ruined. Your a goddamn tiger who earned her stripes. I hate mine, but I embrace them. My bf loves me and thinks my body is rocking so I'm not going to dwell on something that you can't really change. You can use the cocoa butters and it will firm them up a bit and minimize the appearance, but probably never go away. Your beautiful and a mommy, LOVE YOURSELF!!!

This! I have them because I am fat. I've never been a mom. Every woman is going to have this happen. You're beautiful. Every time you look at your child, remind yourself how beautiful you are, because you made that! <3
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Honey, your body is not ruined. Your a goddamn tiger who earned her stripes. I hate mine, but I embrace them. My bf loves me and thinks my body is rocking so I'm not going to dwell on something that you can't really change. You can use the cocoa butters and it will firm them up a bit and minimize the appearance, but probably never go away. Your beautiful and a mommy, LOVE YOURSELF!!!

THIS^^^

I have had 3 kids, and my entire lower belly looks like a freakin street map, and so do my boobs. My stretch marks are my battle scars, much like my c-section scar. Hubby is more concerned about his ability to smother himself between my shrinking boobs than if they have a few stretch marks on them ( battle scars from my combined 6 years of breastfeeding, and going from a 38C up to a 42DD)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am unable to have children so I would be soooooo honored and blessed to have those tiger stripes on me because I gave birth! Instead, I just have them because I am fat. *sigh*
  • trobbin88
    trobbin88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way about mine. creams only lighten them...take the angry red out, but u are still left with the marks. i seriously think tummy tucks are the only way to get rid of 'most' of them (i know someone who had a tummy tuck and still has some). Not sure if i even had the money i'd do it.....