The fear of enjoying the holidays

Options
124»

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving dinner #1 is today! This part of the family is doing Cajun food.

Oh yes. I will enjoy this one lol
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That original post is one of the BEST I have ever seen! You're absolutely right when it comes to being afraid to enjoy the holidays with all the food. For me, it's a little tougher this time. It's my first holiday season since being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes back in January. I've already planned on eating a little stuffing, a little sweet potato, and one turkey drumstick!

Of course, I'll be exercising in some form or fashion on Thanksgiving morning before the 1pm meal.

And I hope you enjoy the Cajun food! :happy:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grey_lady007
    grey_lady007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right on! One of my coworkers is also trying to lose weight and is always looking sad and lamenting that she can't have a bite of cake or whatever someone brought into the office and I know it is going to get worse over the next few weeks with the holidays. I really feel bad for her and then I feel bad if I decide to indulge. I plan to try and eat reasonably over the holiday season (and after), enjoy what I am eating and my family and friends, exercise and not beat myself up for not sticking to carrots and water. Thank you for your wonderful, wise words and have a blessed holiday season!
  • downsizinghoss
    Options
    3800 calories today lol. Dayum it was good, too
  • downsizinghoss
    Options
    bumping instead of responding to the 20 new threads about the same thing! Have a good one!
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So true!