So What's The Deal With Salt?

Options
2»

Replies

• pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    This is from memory so I hope I have this correct. My father had a stroke caused by becoming diabetic, having the plaque that it will form in the arteries which formed a clot, and went to his brain. NOW I was told that high salt intake can damage your adrenal system, causing you to become diabetic. SOOOO with that in mind....my dad used to salt things so much, no one else could eat it! I try to not eat much salt, just in case. Especially since diabetes can also be genetic...why chance adding something else to the mix. I believe it is the iodine in table salt that messes with you because that is one of the meds you take as a diabetic...or hypoglycimic...can't remember, but iodine kills the thyroid??? You then replace it with insulin shots.

Like I said...this is from about 20 years ago so...my memory may be a little off but it is still NOT good for your organs to eat too much salt!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow, that article you posted Celestia was fantastic! Thanks!

I think I'm definately going to cut back on salting my food after reading this thread. It's not going to be a priority, but from what I gather, it will help me in the long run.

I love this site!! Thanks everyone :):):)