Gotta love yoga!!

Options
13»

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Pigeon all the way. And also the Plow with Shoulder Stand!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why is this in the food section? :laugh:

love yoga!my main workouts are muscle destroying weights, so i love going to a yoga class to stretch and restore. it might not actually BE restorative but it feels so good.

favorite poses are any of the hip openers, shoulder openers and wheel

the ones i really want to work on being able to to well are tree the one leg in the air triangle and the twisting 1 leg in the air triangle (i have no clue what the names are)

i think it's fun to work my body in a different way.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I luv yoga! Pigeon is prolly my fave but the cat to cow sequence and also lotus feels really good on my back. I luv practicing tree but not all balance poses, my eagle is a hot mess. And my tuesday teacher wanted to challenge us by introducing us to Bird Of Paradise. Oh Lordy, what a disaster. I fell on my butt, lol.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I found for me Yoga helped with my strength training and toning. I just added several more poses to my routine. I now have over 30 minutes of Yoga. SO helps with stretching and indurance with my breathing when I do my cardio routine!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I LOVE YOGA and I am a yoga teacher =)

Also love pigeon pose! Another fave is bound half moon. Yoga can be all different things to different people. For some it's a very spiritual experience, while others enjoy the physical benefits most. There are so many types of classes, something for everyone!

Me too! Lately I'm really enjoying bound half moon.

Beautiful-Yoga-Photo-She-Rocks-Fitness.jpg