anyone lost 35lb on this site

Options
Just wondering if anybody lost around 35lbs..wondering how I long it took you ..I have my setting to lose 1lbs/week which would bring me around 8months..is this reasonable??

Replies

• dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yo. Took me about 3 months. BUT I have twice as much to lose and that makes all the difference.

If 35 pounds gets you to a healthy weight then it will probably take longer. We will see how long it takes me to lose ANOTHER 35 pounds...

I would guess 6-8 months for me.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33 pounds since February, so 9 months. I'll be honest, though, the last 4-5 pounds took a long time to come off. I was pretty much losing 1 pound/week for 7 months, then it really slowed down. Just keep it at and don't get discouraged. And remember to strength train! It's SO important for body composition, regardless if you lose weight or not.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you do it. It took me about 7 months to lose 33lbs, but for most of those months I was also lifting heavy, which slows down scale progress.

My advice, take it or leave it, is not to time your weight loss.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have lost 35 lbs (from 154 to 118) and have 23 more pounds to go. I started in early August by calorie counting and later exercise, so it took me just under four months. I maintained a 1.8 pound / week loss for the first 60 days, which has slowed to 1.4 lbs per week now. I did it by staying at 1200 calories on most days, and eating 200 - 300 more on other days.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have lost 35 lbs (from 154 to 118) and have 23 more pounds to go. I started in early August by calorie counting and later exercise, so it took me just under four months. I maintained a 1.8 pound / week loss for the first 60 days, which has slowed to 1.4 lbs per week now. I did it by staying at 1200 calories on most days, and eating 200 - 300 more on other days.
    Please tell me you're like 4 foot 7 or so..
  • kinkofit
    kinkofit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The slower the weight loss, the more likely you are to maintain the loss. Losing 4 lbs a month (or less) is great for permanent or long term weight loss.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37 thus far - that's about half way to goal for me. It took me about 5 or 6 months. 8 months is a good goal to push for, but every body is different.
  • Richardcag
    Richardcag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34lbs in 3 months, but then I started at 282lbs.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 lbs on this site since April (7 months)
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    On current progress I should hit 35lb lost at the 8 month, or maybe 8 month plus 1 week mark. Although I did lose focus a bit over the summer I have pretty much consistently lost every week over this time ( one or two no loss weeks and only one minor gain).
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I've lost 69 in 9 months.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39 lbs in 12 months but I have a lot of health issues that slowed me up and I got stuck on a plateau for a few months but back in the flow again. Just remember not to do it too fast or the weight will just pile back on again. I still have a very long way to go too
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Its an extremely reasonable goal. I have lost 42 pounds since november 8, 2011. I surpassed two GW's and now am happy with my current weight or loosing about 2-3 pounds more. I initially set my lose rate at 1.5 pounds/week then after half my loss, i changed it to one pound a week and when it got to under 10 pounds to go, i set it to 1/2 pound/week. The closer you get to GW the harder to lose.. It helped me, mentally, to gradually build my caloric intake towards my maintenance calories. Good luck!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've lost about that much since I started here in May and have been keeping it off for almost a couple of months, so that means it took me about 4.5 to 5 months. I think you are going GREAT, so congratulations and keep it up!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I got serious this past April and you can see the results on my ticker. I am down 48 LBS with about 25 more to lose. I would say 8 months is more that reasonable if you keep at it.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    if you are consistent and honestly log your food daily...You should be able to reach your goal.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs since starting in January. I'm 5'3", I started at 188, I'm currently down to 158, and my goal is 132. I've been eating at maintenance for my goal weight since April. It's taken longer than if I'd been eating at the default that MFP gave me, but that doesn't bother me as I'm still dropping dress sizes and getting stronger :smile:

I would say that 8 months could be doable, but just keep in mind that it becomes harder to lose as you get closer to your goal so the weightloss will slow down.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think most will agree that 1lb per week is a reasonable expectation. That being said, at that rate, it's hard to swallow that my goal isn't expected to be reached until Summer 2013. (*sigh* it took me 40 years to get to my highest weight of 233, I should be thrilled its not taken me another 40 to take it off?!)

I am positive I can keep it off, I've successfully made "the lifestyle change" - as corny as it sounds, and I've been working on this since February 2012. I could (but won't) go many days without logging and not trash my numbers. I plan to log long into my maintenance, since those new limits will be unfamiliar.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32lbs and it has taken me 10 months. I got a slow start, and have had a couple of bumps in the road, but I am getting there.

I may not even hit my goal weight, but if I do it right, I will have a better body at 38 than I did at 18!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 in about three months, and I've been here for 4 months total :smile: But my weight loss has slowed down a lot ad now i'm focusing on toning and gaining muscle