anyone lost 35lb on this site

Options

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 since I have been on this site. But I have lost a total of 65 pounds since June 2nd of this year! Feel free to add me, I have a ton of useful advice that I attain at the YMCA!
  • dcsump2
    Options
    toothfairy, I've lost 45lbs so far. It took me about a year; however, I did not try to lose weight over the summer months and instead went into a weight "maintenance" stretch. So if you take out those months, it took me about 9 months to lose the 45. Everyone's body and routine is different though. Regardless, good luck!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 115lbs. The first 100lbs seemed like the easy part. It took me a total of about 14 months to lose 100lbs. I started on 1/1/11 at 303.4 (but didn't start on MFP until like june or july of 2011 - started initially doing weight watchers, then found MFP)..... I'm currently 188.6 - and just completed my first half marathon on saturday - and am training for another one coming up on 12/9 -- I was that girl who didn't even run the mile in gym class in school! ;)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I lost 42 since Aug 4th 2012, I have 19 left to go and I have a feeling its going to take a while to get this last bit off
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That was roughly my original weight loss goal, and I'm there now. It took me about 6 months but I wasn't in a hurry. I'm in maintenance mode now for weight and focusing on fitness goals.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I have lost 32 pounds and I started in July of 2012.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Rejoined in Aug had forgotten I had signed up here like 2 years ago!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I've lost 37.5 lbs (my ticker says 38 though), and it's taken me almost 5 months to lose it. I'm hoping to reach 195 by New Years.
  • jml7403
    Options
    I've lost 60 since the beginning of the year.
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i have lost 34lbs (which was at my goal) and it took me about 7-8 months. i have now also maintained that loss for a year as of yesterday :)
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34lbs and I'm not done yet. I started beginning of May, had a couple of setbacks with holidays, but yes it is a reasonable timeline. I started at a heavier weight than you though. Good luck. You can do it :)
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Started in May, and lost 46 pounds so far. The heavier your starting weight, the easier it is to lose. Once you get closer to your goal the weight loss slows down. I've been plateaued for a few weeks now, but I'm not sweating it. If I'm not gaining, it's a victory.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've lost 36 lbs in 6 months but I've got 40 more to go.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have lost 35 lbs (from 154 to 118) and have 23 more pounds to go. I started in early August by calorie counting and later exercise, so it took me just under four months. I maintained a 1.8 pound / week loss for the first 60 days, which has slowed to 1.4 lbs per week now. I did it by staying at 1200 calories on most days, and eating 200 - 300 more on other days.
    Please tell me you're like 4 foot 7 or so..

Even at 4foot 7 that would be far to light. I am 4'9 and my goal is between 115 and 120...
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just about there now
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have not recorded my actual loss yet (doing it Monday) but for right now I am just over 34 pounds lost with this website, but like others I have a LOT more to lose. I would think 1 pound a week is reasonable but would think you are bound to have plateaus along the way which could slow overall weight loss a bit. But yes, I think with MFP you could totally do it, use it and learn and good luck!

ETA, I started in July, and would say in the begin most of that weight was most likely water weight, I got more serious in August, it was around that time I wiped clean my MFP and got really serious. So about 4 months total for me.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    It took me since April 2nd to lose 45 lb ... Starting weight: 199 lb Height: 5 feet Goal: lose 30 more.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Yup! About 4 months. I actually didn't set out to loose it that fast. When I started lifting, it was like a switch was flipped. I'm not going to complain if it stays off and keeps it's momentum up! :)
  • rmn1972
    Options
    I have lost almost exactly 35lbs. I have been working on it since the end of June so about 4 1/2 months but I had a lot to lose. My goal is 80lbs so you can see I have just started.
  • BGLaffoon
    Options
    I started in February and my goal was to loose 25 lbs. I met that goal in September. At that time I decided to set the goal of 30 lbs. I have now met that goal. I have been so successful using MFP that I now think that my "wedding day" weight is attainable. I weigh only 3 lbs more than I did 20 years ago when I got married. These 3 lbs have been much harder to loose, but I'm not stressing it. A healthy lifestyle is more important than the actual numbers.

16829532.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter