3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone here in their right mind has put on 10 pounds of fat in 3 days... Why would anyone assume that you could drop those same 10 pounds in 3 days... People are always looking for shortcuts.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this 3 Day Diet? I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Day 1)
    Breakfast -
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 slice of toast
    2 Tbsp. peanut butter
    Coffee or tea

Lunch -
    1/2 cup tuna
    1 slice of toast
    Coffee or tea

Dinner -
    2 slices of any type of meat (3oz)
    1 cup green beans
    1/2 banana
    1 small apple
    1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Day 2)
    Breakfast -
    1 egg
    1 slice of toast
    1/2 banana

Lunch -
    1 cup cottage cheese
    ~OR~
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    1 hardboiled egg
    5 saltine crackers

Dinner -
    2 hot dogs (no buns)
    1 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3)
    Breakfast -
    5 saltine crackers
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    1 small apple

Lunch -
    1 hardboiled egg
    1 slice of toast

Dinner -
    1 cup tuna
    1/2 banana
    1 cup vanilla ice cream

Instructions-
    Do not vary or substitute ANY of the above foods.
    Salt & pepper may be used - NO other seasonings are to be used.
    In 3 days 10lbs should be lost.
    Eat normal food for 4 days.
    You may start back on the 3 day diet thereafter.
    Don't eat snacks.
    Water is unlimited.

OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!! You found it! That was my first diet I ever did EVER!. I feel like you just found my high school boyfriend for me on FB but better cause it's food! I remember that diet. Lost no weight on it at all mostly because I was in high school and had ZERO weight to lose but it takes me back to summertimez, bikini's all summer all over the neighborhood back and forth from friends houses, barely combing our hair between one day's dunk and the next and all the hilarity we could muster while breaking our "diets" at the end of the day walking to 31 Flavors for "thriple cones".

Only one major detail I remember differently. There was a cantaloupe that you put the scoop of ice cream in the middle. To my recollection there was never an apple. I crave this cantaloupe vanilla ice cream scoop to this day once in awhile due to that diet. I NEVER crave the broccoli hot dog combo. Ever.

we probably looked like this...80s-big-bangs-hair-15.jpg

but we thought we looked like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbaTM50ATF6KS1aktAAKoyk9S15J4ig5dBK7x6OVuSOw5FHSuqYg duran duran, cyndi lauper, boy george yay!!!!!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I thought you said 3 Day Riot.

tumblr_mgr6hgEjOP1s3bz8ro1_500.jpg
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu
    yes
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't think anyone here in their right mind has put on 10 pounds of fat in 3 days... Why would anyone assume that you could drop those same 10 pounds in 3 days... People are always looking for shortcuts.
    yes totally !!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I thought you said 3 Day Riot.

tumblr_mgr6hgEjOP1s3bz8ro1_500.jpg

I completely misheard it too:

Three_Dog_Night_1969.JPG
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

LOL so true...that would mean that OP would somehow eat 35,000 less calories in 10 days....good luck!

OP if you really want to lose weight can I recommend my "ninja fat loss" method for 19.99 you are guaranteed to lose 10 pounds of fate in three months or money back..!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've done this diet many, many times and I always lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8 pounds, but it's a freakin' pain in the butt AND by day 3 nobody would come near me because I was not very friendly.
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Guess what. Someone already altered the version of the diet you posted.

My mom has this posted on our refrigerator and her version includes things like beets and hotdogs...

mmmyeahno
  • JDUR19
    JDUR19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "2 hot dogs (no buns)"...so 2 sausages then?
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think any weight loss from a fad diet is only temp. I've done a few in my life time and they do work for a bit, but then the weight comes back on. The best thing to do is the program set up by mfp. This isn't diet, but a healthy life style change.
  • bouchie11982
    bouchie11982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nope, not very healthy either. Your body will go into starvation mode and you are only losing water, not fat.
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @DJUR19.... no, in the US, hot dogs and sausages are different. But regardless, I can't see how one is any better than the other.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ahahahahahahahahahahaha

no.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    It doesn't sound healthy, for starters, to think about losing 10 pounds in three days. AND, if you didn't GAIN 10 pounds in three days, it's unlikely that you would shed it that quickly. :noway:
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options

AGREE totally! :happy:
  • playsinrain
    Options
    This diet is typically used right before someone goes in for surgery. It works. It isn't meant for long term use. I've done it. I lost the weight, but it was more out of curiosity than anything. This 3 day isn't supposed to be a permanent solution.
  • jdatillo
    jdatillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did the 3 day military diet and lost 4 pounds, but as soon as ate normal i gained it back. It may be a good jumpstart to your weight loss journey, but eating healty and excerising is much more enjoyable than this diet.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I tried this and could only make it to about 1.5 days. I felt horrible and I had not lost any weight. I now know that I love my body way to much to every do a fad diet again. Those days are definitely over for me
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LOL I have to say, some of these response really made me giggle. (I mean that is a good way)
    I have to agree that it is pretty extreme. I would probably only TRY it if I hit a plateau and wanted to see what it would do, you know, kind of experiment. My guess is, by the end of day one, I would fall into a bag of pita chips. I just know me. :laugh: