Replies

• Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    omg bump!
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I need help, I guess. Mine is runny, not like the true ice cream consistency I see in the picture. I tried it yesterday with 2 cups of strawberries, 1 banana, and 8 oz. of Original Silk Almond Milk. Could it be the brand of the almond milk - not enough fat? Also, might be my food processor - I had to move it to the blender to actually make the mixture smooth, even though I cut the bananas before freezing them. Today I tried again with only 1 cup of strawberries and a couple T chocolate chips - not really much different.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I need help, I guess. Mine is runny, not like the true ice cream consistency I see in the picture. I tried it yesterday with 2 cups of strawberries, 1 banana, and 8 oz. of Original Silk Almond Milk. Could it be the brand of the almond milk - not enough fat? Also, might be my food processor - I had to move it to the blender to actually make the mixture smooth, even though I cut the bananas before freezing them. Today I tried again with only 1 cup of strawberries and a couple T chocolate chips - not really much different.

If you have a strong enough food processor, or blender, you could leave out the milk, or reduce it down to less than half a cup. It should make it thicker in consistency.

My son did a presentation in school the other day for a marketing class on Yonanas. It's a device that you just put in the frozen fruit, and it comes out the other end as something similar to ice cream. I don't know how well it works, though for mixing things like protein, or other flavors into it.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump, gonna make this, this weekend. Thanks
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Loving this! Looks great!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I started with no milk, then added milk until it was the desired consistency - my food processor has got a reasonably power motor (not super-blend-an-ipad-powerful levels though).
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That sounds gorgeous, I need to get myself a food processor :bigsmile:
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can now attest to just how awesome this is.

I haven't got a very powerful food blender either, in fact it's a cheap asda Smartprice hand blender jobbie. However, with a tiny bit of coaxing from a splash (less than 30ml) of skimmed milk I had a very creamy banana ice cream. It really is quite creamy- in fact it had the other half shouting up the stairs exactly what I'd put in it- and he's normally a fussy eater when it comes to ice cream.

Tomorrow my plan is to mix in some peanut butter!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Here's a faster way to eat ice cream everyday

1. Open freezer

2. Grab Pint

3. Dig in

20120818_111004.jpg

yeah maybe if you work out at the gym for 1-2 hrs a day.. hahaha.. when you're like me and you work anywhere from 10-13 hrs a day, + 2.5 hrs travel.. eating that ice cream every day would make me 300 lbs extra.. as i rarely get to work out much each day..
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump...going dairy free due to allergies, and this will be great
  • camillaisabel
    Options
    wow, that looked delicious!!
  • Arkani7
    Arkani7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe the other day & it looks yummy!!!! I need to give it a try;)
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I actually got hate mail for this... Haha wow
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump for later. yummy!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    who would send you hate mail for posting a neat and helpful recipe/tutorial? :/
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Hate mail?? Probably more likely to get marriage proposals!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    He obviously didn't even read the post

"Why would you post an ice cream tutorial when 80% of the people are trying to lose weight?

Are you crazy?"

in. my. inbox.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to make this with chocolate PB2 mixed in with cinnamon and honey. Yum!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I've been meaning to make this with chocolate PB2 mixed in with cinnamon and honey. Yum!
    what's pb2?