I do fine until dinner it seems? NEED HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    You should really open your diary.

for tonight? Stick to 1 slice of pizza and if you must have 2 nothing else with it. NO SODA, switch to unsweetened tea or water.

Drink LOTS of water. Make sure you are eating enough calories. Again, open your diary, it helps us help you!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    opened my diary- also just weighed myself- i didnt weigh myself before starting, i just guessed. I changed my ticker- Someone commented on it.

I already had dinner.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it sounds like your calorie goal is set too low. That aside, soda is a killer and you should drop it, even diet soda is unhealthy.

This is a journey with a learning curve. Stick to it, learn as you go, and try to make better choices. One thing that really helps is upping the protein as it "sticks with you" a lot longer.

Very, very few people (as in probably none) get it all perfectly right off the bat. Examine your diary entries, look at where the problems are, and find ways to substitute healthier choices. That's the beauty of logging, you can see exactly where the bad choices are and fix them.

And remember, more exercise, even just walking, can offset some bad food choices as far as calories go.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What helps a LOT is to pre-log your food as much as you possibly can. Sounds like you could be eating too little and and not enough veggies! Fill up on them and eat lean protein with every meal if you can. Lots of water. I wouldn't be eating cheerios and OJ, wasted calories but OK now and then. Try oatmeal or other healthier cereals, wholegrain toast with nut butter/eggs smoothies with protein powder and fruit/ chia/ veggies/almond milk or dairy etc etc.. Eat some yogurt without added sugar everyday it's good for you and a good snack. Two serves of fruit too.

I agree, I just started pre-logging and it has helped me a lot. Also, might want to consider one of the lower calorie o.j. out there, if you have to have the orange juice, minute maid makes a 50 cal version, have it in my fridge right now. Lots of water, and veggies keeps me full. And whenever I do get or make pizza, I stick to no more than 2 slices of cheese, or just cheese with veggies, no meat, it tends to be lower in calories. If you're still hungry, add a salad with light dressing and a big glass of water. Good luck to you.
  • JustANumber85
    Options
    What helps a LOT is to pre-log your food as much as you possibly can. Sounds like you could be eating too little and and not enough veggies! Fill up on them and eat lean protein with every meal if you can. Lots of water. I wouldn't be eating cheerios and OJ, wasted calories but OK now and then. Try oatmeal or other healthier cereals, wholegrain toast with nut butter/eggs smoothies with protein powder and fruit/ chia/ veggies/almond milk or dairy etc etc.. Eat some yogurt without added sugar everyday it's good for you and a good snack. Two serves of fruit too.

I agree, I just started pre-logging and it has helped me a lot. Also, might want to consider one of the lower calorie o.j. out there, if you have to have the orange juice, minute maid makes a 50 cal version, have it in my fridge right now. Lots of water, and veggies keeps me full. And whenever I do get or make pizza, I stick to no more than 2 slices of cheese, or just cheese with veggies, no meat, it tends to be lower in calories. If you're still hungry, add a salad with light dressing and a big glass of water. Good luck to you.

I actually did switch to the lower cal OJ. :)

and im having baby carrots and peanut butter for a snack. (with the walking today i guess it allowed more cals and i didnt think about that)

It says for 165 to weigh 130, i need 1,340 and to loose 1lb/wk.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Ok, I checked your diary.... the soda HAS to go. End of. Then you will be able to eat!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I agreee with the others, soda realllly has to go! Maybe change it for water? Or fizzy water with a bit of blackcurrant juice in it! Very nice! Lots of veggies and protien for lunch is good, filling. You wont be half as hungry come dinner time in the evening :)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I buy dried lemon, lime, grapefruit and orange powders (company called True Citrus). They are zero calories. I also use the powder as a spice to sprinkle on chicken for instant lemon flavor.

http://www.truelemon.com/products.html

I usually put a 1/4 of a tsp of the powder in my water and get powdered tea (zero calories) by Nestea or Lipton and make iced tea with a bit of flavoring. You can use an artificial sweetener of your choice and it's WAY lower in calories. Also, you can make lemonade or limonade that way. Grin. I buy from their website because the packets are pretty expensive and I was going through them too quickly. The sell a bigger container and the powder lasts me months. It may be an option for you to flavor your water if you hate the bland taste of water (which I really can't take).

Monica
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Today for example I was doing great on Cals until dinner- Of course its just an estimate because i cant find nutritional info for the Pizza joint im getting, but still. Same with yesterday except snacks put me over.

How do you balance everything and not feel hungry?

My diary is private but to give you an idea:
    Honey Nut Cheerios 3/4cx2
    Minute Maid OJ 8oz

1 hot w/ketchup,mustard,relish (all 1/2 servings) on bun w/watermelon chunks (1c)
    water

dinner will be 2 slices of pizza with 2 breadsticks with a mt dew

so no snacks today and im over :(

You're hungry because this isnt filling food - its food with fillers and they dont keep you full. (say that 10 times fast LOL)
    Heres how Id switch you out. Kashi cereal or oats for breakfast- lose the oj (drink a protein drink or a ton of water - no juice- almost like drinking soda to your body)

Lunch- lean meat - chicken or fish 3-5 oz - size of veggies or salad - or both- piece of fruit- apple, pear, grapes - measure and count.

Dinner- have pizza- just not take out crap. Use lean cheeses and veggies on it. Or turkey peps are good. I make pizza bagels using 110 calorie whole wheat bagel thins, sauce, low fat moz and turkey pepps and onion- yummy good.

You need more fiber and protein and youd be surprisingly full all day - with a fruit or raw veg snack where needed- youd even be getting better nutrition and you wont lose motivation because you would not be hungry.

Do you track sugar? Given what you eat- you should- that by itself will make you want to swap out some of your choices I believe.
    Good luck!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this thread! The OP asked a serious question, and all of you are giving honest answers and not beating her up. Thanks for restoring my faith in the MFP community!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Dinner- have pizza- just not take out crap. Use lean cheeses and veggies on it. Or turkey peps are good. I make pizza bagels using 110 calorie whole wheat bagel thins, sauce, low fat moz and turkey pepps and onion- yummy good.

I agree (except the low-fat stuff. I *always* do full fat dairy to get the amino acids not found in low fat dairy. But I learned how to make my own pizza. It tastes a LOT better than the chain stores because I use fresh ingredients, and it's about 200 calories less per slice. I don't do bagels though. I make my own crust from scratch. It might sound hard at first, but it's really not hard at all. And it's actually kinda fun and very satisfying.

I usually add italian sausage and pepperoni (the regular stuff, none of that turkey stuff) and real cheese and sometimes hamburger, plus mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. I always liked combination style pizza, but I also like to save money and eat food that is fresh instead of frozen. After my brother worked at Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's, I vowed to NEVER eat at a chain store. Everything is either frozen or out of a can. It's edible, but you can't beat fresh. :drinker:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Today for example I was doing great on Cals until dinner- Of course its just an estimate because i cant find nutritional info for the Pizza joint im getting, but still. Same with yesterday except snacks put me over.

How do you balance everything and not feel hungry?

My diary is private but to give you an idea:
    Honey Nut Cheerios 3/4cx2
    Minute Maid OJ 8oz

1 hot w/ketchup,mustard,relish (all 1/2 servings) on bun w/watermelon chunks (1c)
    water

dinner will be 2 slices of pizza with 2 breadsticks with a mt dew

so no snacks today and im over :(

Start tracking your macro's and try to get a better balance of carbs/protein/fat. Right now you're eating very high carb, and your carbs are coming from garbage sources (cereal, mt dew, bread, pizza, juice).

Focus on eating more protein, and getting your carbs from real food like fruit and veggies. You'll stay full longer.
  • JustANumber85
    Options
    well today was better. :) Thanks for the help
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    well today was better. :) Thanks for the help

That's great! :flowerforyou: