jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options
Thumbs up or down? how is it?

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love it. It's a great workout in a short amount of time. And it allows for a lot of flexibility. You can make it easier or harder, depending on where you are at. I'm in the process of upping the size of my handweights, to give myself a new challenge.
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    thumbs waaay up! love it! I am doing the 40 min workout and it is great!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Thumbs up baby!!

It's a great work out for the limited time I have some mornings! Plus, it gets me sweating!! Whoo hoo.
  • caristear
    Options
    It's great! It incorporates cardio & strength training so you burn more calories!
  • halfpint71
    halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Only 30 minutes and you will feel it the next day...
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    well you all convinced me.. I'm going to buy it today ;)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    I've been rotating the 3 workouts from Shred (with running) for over a year and I am still not tired of it. Love JM - I also recommend her Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones videos. If you need more convincing, check out the rockin' reviews on Amazon. =)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Did it, liked it, got a lot of good out of it,,,, need to do it again.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! Jillian kicks my butt..but in a good way...
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!! Lost 5 lbs in two weeks when I went from level one to level two. Lost something like 5" in a couple weeks from doing level one. I can honestly say, once you start doing it you will see no point in doing any other workout. You get great results in 20 minutes! I also find I can't watch another workout DVD. She is so too the point that I find other things too fluffy and too slow, too much waiting to see the next move! I do suggest watching it first. I've got about 7 of my friends to start doing it and the ones who didn't watch it first gave up part way through.
    Best of luck!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I loved it although I did need to add more cardio. I got toned and lost inches, but no pounds. Since I've done it I've lost some pounds and plan to incorporate it back in, with her banish fat, boost metabolism.

I love the shred because its an intense workout in a short amount of time. If you don't have much time, this will make the most of it for sure.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels! Since I have had more time on my hands, I alternate her other two videos with running for my week. She really helps tone up and lose inches - as I lost a ton when I did 30 Day Shred.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Is it all cardio?
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you all convinced me!!!! I have 3 more pds to reach my mini goal and then I really want to get to 125 so this is good news that there is something out there that works at home!!!:happy:
  • Nicole831
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred video a couple times now and I can definitely feel it! I am glad to here that all of you have had such great results with it.. I will keep on truckin!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Im on my second day so far...I love it! I do the 30 day shred in the morning and then in the evening I do either 25 min. of low intensity cardio with Bob Harper ( from the Biggest Loser) or 20 min. of the boot camp.

Does anyone know about how many calories you burn up from the 30 day shred? I know it varies from everyone, Im just looking for an approx. Also, when ya'll add it into your daily exercise, what do you put it under?

Thanks!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I burned 250 yesterday doing Level 1 day 1, and today only 200 doing level 1 day 2.
    I'm 5'5" and 177lbs. I just add it as my own exercise that way I can add the exact time and cals from my HRM

I like the workout but I'm not sure I like JM that much as a trainer, she's too serious for me. I have been doing Turbo Jam for a while and had gotten used to Chalene Johnson who is much more upbeat and enthusiastic.
    Based on all the reviews tho, I will stick to the 30 day shred~!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Is it all cardio?
    3 circuit training workouts that get progressively harder. You do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10, the level 3. It worked for me, I got much more fit on it.

Each workout is different, but they all have the same structure. About a 5 minute warmup and stretch cycle, then 3 different circuits of exercise.

Each circuit is:
    3 minutes (lightweight-girly) strength training. I do some exercises with 15lb dumbs, some with 8's. It's hard enough.
    2 minutes of Cardio
    1 minute of abs.

Makes 6 minutes per circuit. You go through 3 different circuits, so with get-up-get-down-shake-it-around time it comes to about 20 minutes. Finish off with a 5 minute cooldown & stretch and it's a 30 minute thing. It's fun, the time goes really quickly.
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love it as well. I just ordered 30 day shred, no more trouble zones and banish fat, boost metabolism on exercise tv for only $25.15, no shipping costs. That is pretty good. I love the shred cause you can get in a good workout in a short amount of time. I started using it on Comcast's on demand exercise section. Then I didn't see it anymore and knew that I had to have Jillian's DVD's.

Definitely a keeper!:bigsmile: