jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• Honey7o2
    Options
    I did it for the first time tonight and it she kicked my butt! Was a huge wakeup call as to how out of shape I am. But, now I'm excited to work to get to where it's not too bad and move up the levels.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Good job Honey. Stay with it and you'll be amazed how quickly you toughen up to it.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought it today and tried it. I really had no idea that I was that out of shape! That is my new goal, to at least keep up!!
  • Honey7o2
    Options
    Good job Honey. Stay with it and you'll be amazed how quickly you toughen up to it.

Thanks!

I'm really feeling it today. Walking my daughter up the block to school was not fun. My knees... hurt :noway: Ugh!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am a new convert. I started last Thursday after picking up the 3 pack from Costco. it came with the 30 day shred, the banish fat/boost metabolism and the target areas dvd's. I will do the shred thru 10 days at each level, then start rotating the 3 videos. I have lost 2.5 inches on my stomach and an inch everywhere else in only 5 days. I have lost 3-4 pounds (though i have also been eating better too). in one week. Huge fan here. I am hugely out of shape but love that i can up the intensity i put into the workout dpending on my energy level. Yesterday i did level on with mostly 5 lb weights and followed Natalie for most. Today I could not follow Natalie for all of it, and used 3lb weights for the second rep of some of the exercises. I can not believe the changes so fast ;)
  • elle23
    elle23 Posts: 19
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred this morning! Jillian kicked my butt! I loved it.

Anyway, I have no idea how to log it in my exercise here. What does it go under? I'm still relatively new to MFP.
  • B4its2L8
    Options
    I read on another post to log it in under circuit training.
  • Honey7o2
    Options
    I am a new convert. I started last Thursday after picking up the 3 pack from Costco. it came with the 30 day shred, the banish fat/boost metabolism and the target areas dvd's. I will do the shred thru 10 days at each level, then start rotating the 3 videos. I have lost 2.5 inches on my stomach and an inch everywhere else in only 5 days. I have lost 3-4 pounds (though i have also been eating better too). in one week. Huge fan here. I am hugely out of shape but love that i can up the intensity i put into the workout dpending on my energy level. Yesterday i did level on with mostly 5 lb weights and followed Natalie for most. Today I could not follow Natalie for all of it, and used 3lb weights for the second rep of some of the exercises. I can not believe the changes so fast ;)

How? How are you doing this? lol
    I did it Wednesday night and was seriously sore yesterday. Today, it's even worse. How are you able to do it every day? Did I do somethng wrong? Or am I just THAT fat lol
  • momie0205
    Options

I did it Wednesday night and was seriously sore yesterday. Today, it's even worse. How are you able to do it every day? Did I do somethng wrong? Or am I just THAT fat lol

Omg it kicked my but the first few times i did it. It made my knees sore and i could barely walk the next few days.

I really need to get back to doing it though. I love the sweating afterwards makes me feel accomplished.
  • B4its2L8
    Options
    My knees aren't sore but my thighs are killing me!! There is no way I could do it everyday to start. My goal is to keep up and then move on but it will take me longer than 10 days to move on. Didn't realize I was so out of shape!
  • mblazek
    Options
    The first week was definitely the hardest for me, but don't give up! Keep trying to do it every day and it will get easier. I'm on to level 2 now and have lost 9 pounds (with calorie counting too, of course). Once I've done the workout for a few days and can anticipate what comes next, I put the dvd in my laptop and then watch a favorite movie or tv show while I'm working out. That way I can see it on my laptop if I get lost, but I am also distracted by the tv. It makes the time go much faster. (Even though 20 minutes isn't long, level 2 has been a killer and I play these mind games with myself to keep it up.:)
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My knees bug me on this too, I thought it was just me. i started in Nov (like is said in an earlier post) and it took me a good month to be able to do everything in level one. Now when I do it I feel so proud because I know I couldn't do all the push up or go all the way down (girlie style) and today I did the perfectly and started thinking it was time to start doing real push ups. Whenever I go through the cardio circuit with the jumping jacks and jump rope I'm proud because I know I couldn't do both sets. I feel so much stronger too. I actually moved our very heavy entertainment center while cleaned a few weeks ago and said a little thanks to Jillian :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    For those of you who bought her other dvd's she has a workout plan at exercisetv.com and it incorporates a bunch of her DVD's. here's the link: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1 and just down load it. i was planning to do it for February, but it didn't happen.
    I love reading everyones reactions to it, it's a great DVD!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options

I was really really sore the first two days but it got better! Then i was pretty sore at the beginning of level two. I found at day 8 of the level 2 of the shred i was struggling with the plank moves so i took a day off and did something else. Then went back to it with renewed energy. I saw someone on this message board had emailed Jillian's website and she said she designed it for 5 days a week, but without the two days off in a row. (that sounds confusing).

you can do it! There is no such things as too fat for this!!! I'm not light by any means, and the heavier you are, the more calories you will burn!!