My personal quest on 1200 calories

Options

Replies

• darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. How did you transition from the 1200 cal diet and how did you begin lifting?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    score for the eat more police. i'll stick to 1200 calories and haven't lost my lovely hair yet.
    Exactly, yet....

just because you lost your hair doesn't mean i will. geeez, you're not me.
    Yea you're probably right, but I'm sure you will notice other changes to your body or health. and not in a good way.

how are you sure of this? just because it happened to you? as i said, i'm not you and thus far, you are wrong. the only thing i noticed was losing weight.
    haha geesh ok, calm down. get the wad out your panties. anyone can lose weight,but I want to lose fat and keep my muscles.
    come bother me when you can squat or dead lift the equavilent to what I can do on 1200 calories..

I'm not weight training at the moment because I injured my back. I'm also not in competition with you. I just think it's lame that you're suggesting that us 1200 calorie people are somehow inferior to your wonderfulness.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you only been lifting for 4 weeks? It says you gained 10# in 4 weeks, but you can deadlift 225?! I've been doing weight training for about 6 weeks and thought I was kicking *kitten* doing 105# deadlifts today! I'm such a wuss :laugh:
    I did body pump for over a year, but with the heavy lifting I started about 12 weeks ago or so...
    When I decided to stop with the barbie weights, I increased the calories and the weights and gained about 10lbs, after your body adjust to the extra calories and protien, my body started to slowly lose that 10lbs, inches started to come off too, slowly of course.

Ahh ok. I was really thinking I needed to amp up the weights if you had progressed that much in just 4 weeks. But by the last rep of my last set I'm ready to put the weights down, lol so I'll keep plugging along at my pokey pace. It's so much more than I used to be able to do anyway so I'm happy
  • Infauna
    Options
    1200-1500 calories works for me. Not everyone has the same goals in mind as you but congrats on your success, anyways! It's always a nice feeling to find something that works for your needs and gives you the results you want. : )
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!! I have come to learn pretty much exactly this also. CONGRATULATIONS!! ;D
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think I love you. And I don't throw that around lightly. You rock. And I am SUPER jealous of your squat. BADA$$!

:heart: :love: :heart:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well done on your lifting - your stats are fantastic, especially for someone who has not been lifting heavy for that long.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Are you my twin?

For the record my hair started falling out after my first 18 or so kilos.

I'm still trying to get my calories right, but my squat is chasing yours!!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    sigh.

3rttds.jpg

great post. shame that it turned into the old rough and tumble before the half way mark of the first page.
  • boogieone
    Options
    this is my first time reading or even replying to anything on the message boards, btw! i just wanted to say that you are a badass! rock on!!
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OP you are my hero.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    score for the eat more police. i'll stick to 1200 calories and haven't lost my lovely hair yet.

Nice attitude. A little cranky?

Hungry + Angry = Hangry?
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent post! I fell into the 1200 calorie trap last year when I started on here and I felt like death warmed over for months. Now I fuel my body with ALL the foods and I kick *kitten* in the gym. The number on the scale doesn't even matter anymore! Your lifting stats are inspiring OP and you should be oh so PROUD of where you are at! :flowerforyou:
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! There are so many people who need to see it. I was miserable eating 1300 calories/day. Sometimes going to bed with my tummy grumbling (some nights so bad I couldn't sleep). Workouts were WEAK and sluggish.

Now I eat around 1800. :)
    When I was on 1200 cal, I couldnt push myself because the whole time I was hungry, weak, and all I kept thinking about was food.
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    Love it!Thank you for great info!I am stuck with my weight at 1200 calories diet and feel hungry often!I am reseting my goals!!!
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    Have you only been lifting for 4 weeks? It says you gained 10# in 4 weeks, but you can deadlift 225?! I've been doing weight training for about 6 weeks and thought I was kicking *kitten* doing 105# deadlifts today! I'm such a wuss :laugh:
    I did body pump for over a year, but with the heavy lifting I started about 12 weeks ago or so...
    When I decided to stop with the barbie weights, I increased the calories and the weights and gained about 10lbs, after your body adjust to the extra calories and protien, my body started to slowly lose that 10lbs, inches started to come off too, slowly of course.

Ahh ok. I was really thinking I needed to amp up the weights if you had progressed that much in just 4 weeks. But by the last rep of my last set I'm ready to put the weights down, lol so I'll keep plugging along at my pokey pace. It's so much more than I used to be able to do anyway so I'm happy
    No, start with low weights until you get the form down right. Slowly increase the weights. I do 10 reps and by the 8,9, Im feeling like I want to quit. 10 I feel like a superhero! lol
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    I am agree with you!we should feel beautiful and full of energy -that is what really matters!!!
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. How did you transition from the 1200 cal diet and how did you begin lifting?
    In about 3 months I got off the 1200 cal crap, and gained 20lbs back. I just couldnt do it anymore. 1200 was not enough for me. I didnt want to live like that for the rest of my life. I unfortunately made the mistake of just diving into eating more, and thats how I gained 20lbs.....I should've slowly increased the calories....
    The very first thing I did was start Body Pump classes at my local gym. They were great. But I felt like it wasn't enough for me. I am very fortunate to have a weight lifting competitor as a friend, and he's helped me out. But when he was unavailable or we had different schedules, I would youtube how to videos, read posts, research on the internet etc.... I found Dan, and recalculated my calorie numbers. I have never felt better.
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    1200-1500 calories works for me. Not everyone has the same goals in mind as you but congrats on your success, anyways! It's always a nice feeling to find something that works for your needs and gives you the results you want. : )
    Yes I agree, we all have different goals. 1200 cal worked for me too, but it was time to let go of it. Much success to you :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah, reverse dieting from 1200 to 1900 would have kept most of those pounds off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!