My personal quest on 1200 calories

Options

Replies

• MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think I love you. And I don't throw that around lightly. You rock. And I am SUPER jealous of your squat. BADA$$!

:heart: :love: :heart:
    Thank you!
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    Are you my twin?

For the record my hair started falling out after my first 18 or so kilos.

I'm still trying to get my calories right, but my squat is chasing yours!!
    Nice!!!
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    this is my first time reading or even replying to anything on the message boards, btw! i just wanted to say that you are a badass! rock on!!
    I feel honored :smile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I love your story, Momo.

I've gone from preaching how easy 1200 was to never wanting to go back to it. In my case, I slowly upped my calories because I was losing way too fast (over 2lb a week when mfp thought I should be losing just 1lb), but the damage had already been done. I started getting hot flushes every time I ate a large meal, and when my bloods were done, I was anaemic for the first time in my life. It may be coincidental, but I'm not going back to make sure!

I'm trying to not gain/lose a tiny bit now, so eating a little less. Result? I just sleep more! Our bodies aren't stupid, and if we under-fuel them they just find sneaky ways to conserve energy, like letting your hair fall apart.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I never did 1200 but on 1500 I never felt weak, or feinted, or didn't feel strong. I felt great. But sounds like higher calories work for you. I'm now on 2200 a day for maintenance and still feel good.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    love this post! good for you girl. back in the day when i used to exercise daily i still felt really strong from cycling and had nice muscle tone but i was also eating alot of protein so i dont know if that had anything to do with it and then fact that i was just a much more active person. I want to start weight lifting im hearing so many great things about it, i just dont know where to start. if you dont have free weights can you substitute another item for it?
  • Infauna
    Options
    1200-1500 calories works for me. Not everyone has the same goals in mind as you but congrats on your success, anyways! It's always a nice feeling to find something that works for your needs and gives you the results you want. : )
    Yes I agree, we all have different goals. 1200 cal worked for me too, but it was time to let go of it. Much success to you :)
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    love this post! good for you girl. back in the day when i used to exercise daily i still felt really strong from cycling and had nice muscle tone but i was also eating alot of protein so i dont know if that had anything to do with it and then fact that i was just a much more active person. I want to start weight lifting im hearing so many great things about it, i just dont know where to start. if you dont have free weights can you substitute another item for it?
    If your gym offers classes start there. I started on Body Pump because that's all I knew. Machines and cables are great for beginners too. I still use cable machines till this day. But remember, the best free weight is your own body weight. Planks, push ups, squats, tricep dips..
    BTW I love cycling!!!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    This last month I was eating 1600 plus and exercising and maintained 232 pounds and gain some.. I totally believe in yoyoing and eating foods that your body likes. For me I eat more on days I lift and less on days I don't. It works for me, I also increase calories the more active I become and the closer I get to goal. For instance by the time I reached 160 pounds the first time I was eating 1800 calories a day and running 5 to 6 days a week on my treadmill. You are doing awesome and keep doing what works for you.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    OP: I love your story. You kick lots of *kitten*, and are very brave for positing in here when a lot of people will fight to defend the 1,200 calorie diet. I hope your thread genuinely helps someone who's eating too little. I gave up trying to help a while ago, for fear of getting strikes.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting!! love it.:drinker: :heart:
  • finshstrong
    finshstrong Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow that is terrific... I am currently on 1200 calories but I am gaining muscle and losing fat. I started on 1400 then as I lost weight the MFP brought me down to 1200 which I have been currently on for two weeks. I weight train three times a week, ride 14 miles on the bike every other day, and take Zumba. I have lost 19 pounds in about two months. I have lost three sizes and quite a few inches. I am totally happy. I only get dizzy when I don't eat or drink b/4 my workouts. Now that I am eating healthy, I feel great and have a lot more energy. I guess every body type and system is different. I am so happy for you though that you found your niche in your calorie count and hve been consistently losing weight and gaining endurance.. I am doing the same. but 100 jumping jacks (the dreaded jumping jacks)..... I cannot do that for sure. good for you! :smile:

I find I am doing really well.

Keep it up...

:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-cat-scratches-post.jpg

I eat about 1000-1200 calories a day... for dinner alone. :flowerforyou:

I'm 40 years old, maintaining at about 2300 a day and used to think I had to eat under 1000 a day to lose because I was middle aged and had a slow metabolism.
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    I eat about 1000-1200 calories a day... for dinner alone. :flowerforyou:

I'm 40 years old, maintaining at about 2300 a day and used to think I had to eat under 1000 a day to lose because I was middle aged and had a slow metabolism.
    Yea I think I'm about 1100 cal by the end of lunch....
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    great post girl.....
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200 calories a day, run 6miles a day and lift, and that works for me. my dr has had me on 1200 cals for awhile now. didn't care at first now i do. started running and now that is helping me lose more weight.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    I... I... I love your post. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 calories a day right now until I get to the wieght I want to be at. Granted I workout so much that I tend to eat close to 1800 calories a day. I just find it hard to get that many calories in when I am eating healthier. Thank you for your story and advise.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and everyone has different goals.
    Not everyone is interested in lifting a lot of weight either.
    My eating ranges 1200-1500 calories, and I am very content with that. It works for me and I don't feel like I'm starving, lol.
    But good that you found something that works for you.
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    i eat 1200 calories a day, run 6miles a day and lift, and that works for me. my dr has had me on 1200 cals for awhile now. didn't care at first now i do. started running and now that is helping me lose more weight.
    If your doctor has you on 1200, then deff stick to it. Much success to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!