bump!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I have bananas and always have oats! Will make today :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would like it because I hate cooked fruit. No fruit pies, banana bread, etc. yuck. The only exception is jam. Maybe I'll try it but I'm pretty skeptical
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try this.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Wow!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight, they were really good!
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • readingfrenzy21
    readingfrenzy21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Made them today, added 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and a bit of walnuts and almonds. They turned out quite chewy, like I expected them to. I prefer crunchier cookies. But my 1 year old daughter was absolutely delighted. So I'll be baking them again.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Tried these yesterday and they were a hit at home with the little ones and also in the lunch box, definitely doing them again and SO SO easy!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    These seems like a super good way to use up bananas that are too old to eat the old-fasioned way! Totally trying this with some chocolate chips thrown in! Yum yum!
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delicious!
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    bump
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Made them last night.

Didn't cook properly in 15 minutes, but I think I may have made the cookies a bit too thick. Put them on baking paper but they still stuck. I turned them over at 10 minutes but they needed another 5 and a bit more minutes after the 15.

Tasted good though, and will make again

Does anyone grease the paper or tray to stop them sticking?
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe :ohwell: ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

Made these today and used banana and tropical muesli instead of oats, added mixed spice, yum! Thank you so much for sharing !
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    melted butter and half a serving of protein powder mixed in a bowl with a tiny bit of water , flatten like a cookie and put in the microwave for 30 seconds
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty! I love bananas.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump - sounds delish :smile: