Peanut Butter?

Options
124»

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    just make sure it's real peanut butter or low fat,low salt etc...cause regular one ain't that healthy.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's one of the things I've added to my diet. I've found some that is no added sugar or oil, just peanuts and a little bit of salt. It's great. I have it with a banana if I need a few extra calories for the day. Just measure it accurately.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im eating it right now in my oatmeal with a banana. Yummy! I too buy an all natural one. PB2 is great for things like protein shakes too. So I say leave it in!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If it comes with a dancing banana, i'm eatin' it :happy:

WhWFY.gif
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Measure it out and count it. I found Better n Peanut Butter at my local Fresh Market. It only has 2 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons serving. It taste pretty good too! Or I use Skippy Natural with lower sodium & sugar. It is good too! I love peanut butter~that is something I won't give up!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Super Random Question BUT:
    If I'm trying to lose weight should I keep peanut butter in my diet or x it?
    Such a good source of protein and so delicious but really fattening!
    I eat peanut butter every single day. It has never hindered my losses.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter almost every day with an apple. It is fattening, but not saturated, so I think it's a great treat. Just not the whole jar. :wink:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter works for me :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    PB2 is such a joke! man made rubbish ... stick to real peanut butter people , its natural has natural FATS . whats this non-fat powder tasting substance replacing a fat for? ffs
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter pretty much daily. Just keep it within the calorie limits...why would we cut out one of the tastiest nutrient-packed treats ever?! :)
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    my diary is open and if you look i eat peanut butter mostly everyday and i lost seven pounds in a week. It's natural peanut butter and as long as your eating at a deficit along with exercise and healthy eating you'll lose the weight.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it but usually just eat 1 Tbsp at a time instead of the recommended serving size of 2 Tbsp. I've also started making my own; super easy in a food processor. I just put in a 16 oz jar of Planters dry roasted peanuts and processed till they were the right consistency. No added ingredients and it's so good! (It also hasn't needed to be stirred yet like the natural PBs you buy in a jar.)
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have the no added sugar etc one, it is literally a tub of mashed peanuts, You have to stir it before using it btu its great :D aslong as its measured out theres no harm in having it, I use it has a little protein boost :)

You don't have to stir it, just store it upside down starting from the moment you buy it. Try it, it really works.

OP, I eat about a jar a week of organic peanut butter with sea salt from trader joes. It never kept me from losing weight. I just eat within my calories and don't worry about good fats. (like a serving of almonds, a whole avocado and a serving, I make sure to measure, of peanut butter daily)
  • jgoergen707
    jgoergen707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our pig out foods. Mine is peanut butter, chocolate (Damn those Reese's) and cheese. Gave them up. I can't eat just a little bit.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Absoluely! In moderation, you can eat anything.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I eat it straight outta the jar. A girl has to have some fun in life!

I like this one ! :laugh:
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    For a snack, I slice an apple and dip in peanut butter. Also have some Cowpals or string cheese with it. LOTS of protein and yummy!