Short females

Options
I've noticed even 1 inch in height makes a difference, we've really got the brunt of the stick !! What's your ideal weight ? I'm not sure what mines should be it would be awesome to see pictures as well if anyone has any? I myself am 5 foot nothing on a good day lol

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my ideal weight is 130 - 135 lbs. That is what my Dr. told me. I'll post photos as I lose weight. The one up is the most current of me weighing in at around 200 lbs.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    im between a bit over 5'2" and i know what you mean. i think a good wheight for me is between 120-125. but i would go down to 115 and still be healthy thin. it also depends on your build and how you feel and look. i can weight 130-140 and still be normal sized but will have 'flab'.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes it's completely unfair if I could work on gaining an inch in height lol I would do that instead of lose another 5 lbs any day. :sad: lol I'm still unsure of my GW gotta find some 4'11 and 5 foot nothing's lol
  • queensturg
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently 135, trying to get down to at least 125. I think anything between 115-125 would be ideal for me, but I'll be happy to just get back to the 120's. What I wish though is that I could just stay at this weight and grow a few more inches, but of course that's not happening ;)
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently 135, trying to get down to at least 125. I think anything between 115-125 would be ideal for me, but I'll be happy to just get back to the 120's. What I wish though is that I could just stay at this weight and grow a few more inches, but of course that's not happening ;)

Exactly lol .. It's so unfair. I'm jealous of women who are 5,2 and up sigh lol
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my ultimate goal is around 115-120lbs! I have a tiny frame tho so I know this is ok for me.

After i get to 120lbs i will make my goal my body fat rather than weight alone. Being small sucks :( We really do get the short end of the stick as we burn less during exercise, have a lower BMR and thus have to survive on less calories than those who are gifted by height lol

xx
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 3/4" (I usually count it as 5' 3", but I'm thinking of starting to round down rather than up in case I've lost height with age).

My happy weight for most of my life was around 120 lb, and that was the weight I tended to settle at naturally (without dieting). I felt underweight at 110 lb (even though I wasn't!). However, I liked the way I looked at around 135 lb. At 145 lb I started to feel too heavy. At the moment I'm vaguely aiming for 160 lb because that would mean getting out of the obese BMI range.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    im 5'1'' and atm i weight 155ish.. my goal weight is 135 wich is what i was when i graduated high school. im half way there :) according to my wii my ideal weight is 116... i would LOVE that but i think thats too skinny for me.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ITS NOT FAIR RIGHT :sad:

Im 5'2" and 'should' weigh in at 147lbs.... only 11lbs to go!!!! Have been 135lbs but suffered (and starved) for it. Not going there again!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Hate to butt in on you's, but I'd like to say something. I've had 2 girlfriends that were 5' barely something each, maybe 5'1' or 5'2" each. They had different body types. I couldn't imagine them weighing the same, it wouldn't look right. There bodies were/are formed different. One had a huge butt and big boobs, and the other basically the opposite, just a skinny girl.

I guess my point is, just because you all might be the same height, or close to the same height, doesn't exactly mean you should be aiming for the "next" girls weight. Bodies are made different. My 2 cent opinion, forgive me.:flowerforyou:
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and would be thrilled to get back to 120, but 115 is my ultimate goal. I made it to 119 last year and was pretty happy with that, but then had a horrible winter and gained back a bunch of weight.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I told myself for *years* that I wasn't overweight, just undertall. :laugh:

It's hard to pinpoint an "ideal" weight for the height when everyone is proportioned differently. I have a very large ribcage but small hips, so if my weight gets too low I start to look emaciated. I'm 5'2" - my highest weight was 222 pounds, I dropped as low as 114 last year and didn't like the way I looked, and now hover comfortably between 120/125.

It's all about how you look and feel, and making sure that the goals you set are realistic ones. Good luck!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'(4' 11.5") and my goal is 115-120. That's what all the calcs tell me. i'm @ 136 right now.

feel free to friend me if you want. I'm on your side.
  • Lovablelamb326
    Lovablelamb326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This website also allows you to put in your frame size for better estimate of ideal weight http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    Hate to butt in on you's, but I'd like to say something. I've had 2 girlfriends that were 5' barely something each, maybe 5'1' or 5'2" each. They had different body types. I couldn't imagine them weighing the same, it wouldn't look right. There bodies were/are formed different. One had a huge butt and big boobs, and the other basically the opposite, just a skinny girl.

I guess my point is, just because you all might be the same height, or close to the same height, doesn't exactly mean you should be aiming for the "next" girls weight. Bodies are made different. My 2 cent opinion, forgive me.:flowerforyou:

Forgiven !!!:flowerforyou: this is why I made the post:bigsmile: I really wanted pictures !! This way I could visually see someone with my frame and height at a goal weight.. I got my moms frame all her life she was a stick lol then blew up:blushing: poor thing. But I've been blessed and cursed with her frame /figure It's hard to figure it all out
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    This website also allows you to put in your frame size for better estimate of ideal weight http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

That's the thing usually my frame or shape or whatever madness is in between 2 different options. It's nonsense ! I did away with all the calculations now I'm just toning and aiming to drop 2 lbs at a time to see where I'm happy realistically . My mum used to be like 95 lbs she was a stick but 10 lbs more n I swear it just Didnt settle right lol I have her frame and height unfortunately but I'm hoping odds are I won't have to get to that weight lol
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    And agreed with everyone up above!! I always click my heels together and tell myself I can gain height lmao yea a rite. I wish imagine? Lol and with the cals boy whoever said it was right.. Creating a deficit is annoying!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    at 4'11 i should be between 6.5 and 9 stone (91-126 pounds) to be in the healthy weight catagory which seem SO super light. Bearing in mind i started at 195 pounds and I'm currently 136 pounds.

However I do feel so much better about myself would love to take a few more inches off my waist so i can be the pefect hours glass ... hopefully will all the hard work I've been putting in I will get there.

My goal was orginally just to be a size 14 (UK) which I am now **happy dance**

ETA to add -
    However http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html is rather depressing tell me i should be Ideal weight range is 100 - 110 lbs. (45.5 - 50 kg.).You are overweight by 26 lbs. (12 kg.). You may wish to consult with your physician for medical help. ... good job I'm feeling good right now OR I'd be spiralling ARGHH
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Forgiven !!!:flowerforyou: this is why I made the post:bigsmile: I really wanted pictures !! This way I could visually see someone with my frame and height at a goal weight.. I got my moms frame all her life she was a stick lol then blew up:blushing: poor thing. But I've been blessed and cursed with her frame /figure It's hard to figure it all out

I don't have any pictures but there are some pictures for comparism at

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html