How do you keep track when you live with people who don't

Options
124»

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If your roommate jumped in front of a train would you do that too? I'm assuming you're an adult. Be a freakin adult and make your own decisions and take responsibility for yourself.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If your roommate jumped in front of a train would you do that too? I'm assuming you're an adult. Be a freakin adult and make your own decisions and take responsibility for yourself.

I completely agree with this.

I track my food and I was tracking for my husband who recently fell off due to his work schedule but even though he's not weighing and measuring his food it doesn't mean that I'm not. And when I do make food for us I portion control it for him too. If he makes the food I take my stuff and I measure it out for myself. The fact that your roommate isn't watching what he/she eats isn't an excuse to not do it for yourself.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I've done it alone for ever.....My husband doesn't count calories and he's much larger than me (not fat but think body builder type) and when my son lived at home not only did he not keep track, he ate crap. My husband likes to eat pizza and other junk that I just can't eat....it's not in my calorie budget.

I just make my own food and log it....if he makes food; I make him give me the exact recipe, then I determine if I can have a serving or 1/2 serving of what ever he made (New England Clam Chowder, Chili, ...he's a retired chef, so he does cook a lot). It probably get's on his nerves that I make him tell me the recipe of everything he makes...but then again....maybe not because I'm 35 or 40 lbs lighter than when we got married, so ....

You just have to do it for yourself...sorry but that's life. Either you want it bad enough or you don't...it has to be YOUR priority and no one else can stand in your way.