How fat is your state???

Options

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I've lived in both fatter and thinner states. It's interesting how these state breakdown politically. Obesity is definitely a concerning health issue but it also has national financial implications.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I'm ticked. Here I am doing my part, yet Florida has risen 7 places. Why do I bother?
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....33. Not too bad.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    13, my state is a fat *kitten*
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kentucky, 31.5. Makes sense though, fast food joint on every corner and the produce sections in any store is horrible. Can't wait to go back to the Home State--Colorado!!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Except for 15 months, I've lived exclusively in green zone states (the least fat segment), including Colorado, which, according to the chart, is the least fat. New York (41) is not without its overweight people, but in Manhattan you see an exceptional number of thin people.

I have no doubt that environment plays some role.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mass is #48!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Woo, New Jersey! =D
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Except for 15 months, I've lived exclusively in green zone states (the least fat segment), including Colorado, which, according to the chart, is the least fat. New York (41) is not without its overweight people, but in Manhattan you see an exceptional number of thin people.

I have no doubt that environment plays some role.

yeah, I'm in Manhattan. I agree that those stats are probably not all that accurate for Manhattan, espcially if you just include parts below Harlem. I doubt that 61.4% of Manhattan is either overweight or obese. Everyone is skinny here! Makes me want to leave Manhattan, so I can be the skinny one among all the fat people instead of not particularly being considered thin for my area.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Virginia, right near DC... I thought it seemed like there were a LOT more fit people here. More fit, ad WAY more active than where I came from in Pennsylvania. Cool to see I wasn't imagining things!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    GA
    17th :/

i swear it had to be top 5
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I live in 2 of the thinnest states! DC and LA
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my state is 27 on the list so just on the other side of half
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Having lived most of my life in Colorado and a significant amount of time in Houston, TX, I've seen the day & night difference - not the difference in the people but in the culture. I'm SO glad to be back in CO!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Tennessee went from #2 in 2010 to #4 in 2011....lol wow
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Michigan, pretty damn fat!! #5 on the list. Yikes!!!!:noway:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    13, my state is a fat *kitten*

Yep, I can't believe almost 30% of the population of OH is obese. Makes me want to move...Colorado is looking better every day!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm ticked. Here I am doing my part, yet Florida has risen 7 places. Why do I bother?

At least you don't live in Mississippi.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    # 13. Man.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Colorado still leanest