For everyone freaking out about Thanksgiving...

Options
1235»

Replies

• bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting. I had the same thoughts... its just one day
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    All this hoopla around Thanksgiving is ridiculous.

Plus, Christmas is LOADS worse. There are more meals, more treats, more alcohol, over the course of 2-3 weeks. And you can't escape it because it's freaking everywhere.

Thanksgiving is small beans in comparison :laugh:
  • yennihuynh
    yennihuynh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    one thing I recently found out is that through eating healthier, smaller portions and more meals throughout the day I am not able to eat as much as I could before (prior to me tracking and logging how much and what I ate)
    On Saturday our friends had this huge pre-thanksgiving potluck and I allowed myself to go buckwild!... strolled in thinkin' I was gonna tear everything up! :glasses: ~ but low and behold I was full after eating less than half a plate of goodies. :sad: wahhhh! At first I was rather disappointed lol, but then was kinda happy at the fact that given free reign, my body knew how much made it full, and didn't eat 'til I went belly up.
    I think so much of it is a mind game for me... deprive and I obsess over that "thing I shouldn't have" and would probably not stop until I sneak a piece, stuffed my face silly and guilt trip for an hour. Eat the damn thing already, go ahead.. as much as you want and then I see, see you really only wanted a taste, and it wasn't that big of a deal. move on.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :flowerforyou: