Relationship question! Just for fun

How long after being with your s/o did you realize that that they were "the one"? And was it something they did, said, or just you?

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Second date. No kidding. It was just very obvious to both of us.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Within a month. Unfortunately she never did realise it and left after two.
  • Second date. No kidding. It was just very obvious to both of us.

That's pretty awesome!
  • For me it is after 2-3 months. I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to relationships.
  • 30 minutes....not exaggerating.
    I met him when I was 17, he was 22. Met a McDonalds. He called me that night, got engaged on my 18th birthday, got married 2 years after that, just celebrated our 20th anniversary this past Sept.
  • 30 minutes....not exaggerating.
    I met him when I was 17, he was 22. Met a McDonalds. He called me that night, got engaged on my 18th birthday, got married 2 years after that, just celebrated our 20th anniversary this past Sept.

Wow!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    6months in and still don't know whether she is
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Pretty much before we even started dating! But we started talking marriage and using the "we" word about a month and a half into our relationship. Nothing shocking happened....it just happened. You just know in your gut.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    When I went to England (and had a goal of having sex with an uncircumcised man) and didn't because I didn't want to hurt his feelings and we weren't even officially dating, just hanging out... that's when I knew.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    6 months. 10 years after we have 4 beautiful children together and every time I look at him sleep I think of the wonderful man at my side.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    i had a crush on her the moment i saw her, and i always had a feeling that we'd be together.

when i got a job in MD, and was thinking about moving away - i realized that if my girlfriend didn't want to go with me, then i wasn't going. to her, it was a no-brainer that she was moving with me. that is the moment that sticks out the most.

married 7 years
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I didn't. I married the wrong one. Knew that right away though :)

We're now divorced (as we should be) & I'm NOW living my "happily ever after" (without him)

Been single a year and a half now, still haven't found "the one" (or even had a date to be honest) but i'll let you know when I find him LOL

don't hold your breath!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    With my husband...the first time I layed my eyes on him!!!
  • The minute he started calling MY mom, mom. So within the first week. Been married 2.5 years.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    a few weeks.
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    With my first wife, over a year - but I was also a senior in high school.

With wife # 2 (good call on #1 eh??) It was about 2 weeks. We met online and have been together now almost 10 years.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    about 6 - 8 weeks... sadly he didnt agree at that point, and dumped me... but 5 years later we are married... so alls well that ends well!!!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    6months in and still don't know whether she is

she's not!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    I looked at him when I was 15 and the phrase "He's the one" came to mind. Turned out to be true! We've been married 8yrs now. :happy:
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    The first night Samantha sat down and talked to me - she stated "I'm going to marry you"... I laughed - as I was going through a divorce when she said that!! Fast Forward 7 months - divorce finalized... I'm wearing the wedding band she got me!!

3 years later... we have a beautiful 18 month daughter and I couldn't be happier! :)