Relationship question! Just for fun

Options

Replies

• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The first night Samantha sat down and talked to me - she stated "I'm going to marry you"... I laughed - as I was going through a divorce when she said that!! Fast Forward 7 months - divorce finalized... I'm wearing the wedding band she got me!!

3 years later... we have a beautiful 18 month daughter and I couldn't be happier! :)

hah I'm assuming by your name danwood that your name is Dan? That's funny cuz my bf's name is Dan and mine is Samantha xD I know dumb but I love coincidences like that heheh

anyway. we met in high school (junior year) He'd walk me down to class (BEFORE we started dating) and one day we were running a little late and so the halls were a little emptier than normal and we were walking along together and we had kinda stopped talking for some reason. Then all of a sudden, I'm not kidding or exaggerating, we both reached for each other's hands simultaneously !! So we were walking for a few seconds just holding hands out of nowhere then we realized what happened and we got all embarrassed and we laughed and we both went to class. but when we held hands for the first time there was like a shock that went up my arm, it was weird and I'd never felt anything like it before. Later when we were talking about it he said he had felt the same and we both admitted we felt an overwhelming feeling of affection/love? There have been lots of other things that stood out to me telling me he was the one but that one was my favorite :D
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    How long after being with your s/o did you realize that that they were "the one"? And was it something they did, said, or just you?

When I first laid eyes on him I knew I wanted to marry him.... (but then again I thought that of every hot guy LOL).

Seriously though, about 4-5 months into the relationship I got the worst food poisoning in my life. I was throwing up every 5-10 minutes for 10 hours straight, and he did everything he could to make me feel like a queen, including having a toothbrush ready for me every time I came out from the bathroom. Thats when I knew he was the one.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    The first date/time he took me out to the normal hangout of all of his friends... His ex girlfriend looked at him and said "You're going to marry her." It's been a hell of a ride, but sure enough, we got married and are stuck like glue.
  • kjones3535
    Options
    It only took about a month for me to realize it. We have been together for over 10 years, married almost 8. When the person is the right one you just know.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I don't remember, exactly. But I remember we were hanging out as friends only for a while, and I can recall vividly the moment that I realised that I didn't want to be just friends anymore. By the time we became a couple, we'd been good friends for years (but seeing other people). I know it was very soon after then that I realized I wanted to spend my life with him. Weird how the switch just seemed to flip all of a sudden.

Been married over 8 years, and he's still everything I have ever wanted and everything that I need.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    About a week and a half. It took me a little while to get used to the fact that he's 20 years older than I am, but I'm glad I did. We've been together for 8 years now and it's GREAT!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    The day we met...I just knew.
    I was 15 he was 17.
    My friend and his friend were friends and they set us up.
    I'm now 25 and he's 27. Still together and happier than ever :)
    It hasn't been all easy but it's all been worth it.
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    On our first date (which we had only texted before then) I knew. I met him in January and we were engaged in April and married in May :) we have been together almost 3 years and I still wouldn't change a thing :)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The first night Samantha sat down and talked to me - she stated "I'm going to marry you"... I laughed - as I was going through a divorce when she said that!! Fast Forward 7 months - divorce finalized... I'm wearing the wedding band she got me!!

3 years later... we have a beautiful 18 month daughter and I couldn't be happier! :)

hah I'm assuming by your name danwood that your name is Dan? That's funny cuz my bf's name is Dan and mine is Samantha xD I know dumb but I love coincidences like that heheh

anyway. we met in high school (junior year) He'd walk me down to class (BEFORE we started dating) and one day we were running a little late and so the halls were a little emptier than normal and we were walking along together and we had kinda stopped talking for some reason. Then all of a sudden, I'm not kidding or exaggerating, we both reached for each other's hands simultaneously !! So we were walking for a few seconds just holding hands out of nowhere then we realized what happened and we got all embarrassed and we laughed and we both went to class. but when we held hands for the first time there was like a shock that went up my arm, it was weird and I'd never felt anything like it before. Later when we were talking about it he said he had felt the same and we both admitted we felt an overwhelming feeling of affection/love? There have been lots of other things that stood out to me telling me he was the one but that one was my favorite :D

That's awesome... and yes - you are correct. But this isn't the first time I heard this... I know another couple by the name of Dan and Samantha
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I knew the first time I looked him in the eyes. For what seemed like an eternity (but was really probably only a split second), time stood still and my heart stopped beating. We were fourteen years old and just entering our freshman year of high school. Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we lost touch and never found our way back to each other. He's now married to someone else and they have three children (don't know if he's happy or not). I am divorced and childless. I know in my heart, though, that he was my perfect match. I've never met anyone since then that I have felt that strongly about, and my feelings for him haven't faded in eighteen years. I haven't seen him face to face in seventeen years, and I don't want to as long as he's married.
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    second marriage - met through lonely hearts ad in paper, knew from first date (pub and a trip round the local pet shop), met his kids on second date, he met mine on third. moved in after 6 weeks, married after 6 months - 12 years later - no regrets!!

had a 'bridget jones' moment couple of weeks ago when he told me he loved me "just the way i am" - somehow spurned me on to try and lose weight, more than anything else he's every said - bless!!!
  • Kamikane
    Kamikane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Second date!!! I knew he was a keeper!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Age 17: I was late for curfew....out driving around and see some boys, so I got them to pull over. After talking for a bit, I got their numbers and went on my way. When I got home, I looked in the mirror and said "I'm going to marry one of them boys some day". Oct 5th we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, and Oct 7th celebrated 18yrs together ;) I call mine dumb luck. LOL
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Been together 6 years, still not married and he doesn't want to be, pretty sure that means it's not "the one", but I'm starting to not believe in it anyway.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Within the first two weeks.. we just knew. So did everyone else.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    The first day. We were engaged within days(3-4 I think), I got my ring the second week and then 11 months later we were married. We will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary in January. I think what really made it work is that we jumped in with both feet and never played games with each other. Love is a risk whether you wait 1 day or 10 years its either there or its not.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wife and I dated for 8 years before we got married. We were high school sweethearts and we made it through college. I think it took me longer to realize she was "the one". I think she knew after 2 years of college. I think I knew shortly after that because she was more than just my girlfriend at that point, she was my best friend and I didn't want to lose my best friend.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Within a few hours, honestly. We just 'clicked' right away and it's as if we'd known each other a long, long time.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    About a week after we met. I just started a new job and he was there and we hit it off immediately. We were constantly flirting with each other. We were 18 and I was already in a relationship that was abusive. So after a month I left that guy on a Friday night. I told my sister I was going to get Dana! Sure enough on Monday when he found out I was single we started dating! We've been together for 20 years and 2 kids later. I love him more everyday!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    How long after being with your s/o did you realize that that they were "the one"? And was it something they did, said, or just you?

before we even officially started dating lol