Chalean Extreme 90 day challenge

Options
Hi everyone! I'm starting a 90 day Chalean Extreme challenge today and I thought I would post about it to see if anyone else who has the program wanted to start around the same time!

I'm not going to post my before pics but I'll post my stats!

We can all come to this thread to check in daily or weekly. :)

5'4
195-198lbs
43% body fat (per bod pod)
112 pounds of lean mass

Hips: 46
Chest: 39
Waist: 35
R Thigh: 26
L Thigh: 26

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can't join the challenge because i'm actually currently doing the CLX/TF hybrid (on week 9 of 20)
    but just wanted to encourage you and everyone to seriously DO this program. It's a great program & a lot of fun! :)

Have fun with it & LIFT HEAVY!
  • fitKT2B
    fitKT2B Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What does the Chalean Extreme Challenge consist of?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I got that for Christmas last year but I never really got into it! I am packing a lot this week and moving next Sunday, but I will start next Monday and just be a week behind you but I really do want to do it!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extremem is a beachbody product. It's essentially a strength training program with some cardio mixed in. You're encouraged to lift heavy.

generally 5, 8, 10, and 15lb weights are good for beginners.

I posted this for other people that have the program or are going to get the program soon so that we can all check in and keep each other accountable. All that's requested of you is that you follow the Chalean Extreme fitness program and check in here daily after your workout or weekly. :)

If no one is able to participate I will still be using this thread as a journal to keep track of my progress :)
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I got that for Christmas last year but I never really got into it! I am packing a lot this week and moving next Sunday, but I will start next Monday and just be a week behind you but I really do want to do it!

Sounds good!! :)
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Hey, I can't join the challenge because i'm actually currently doing the CLX/TF hybrid (on week 9 of 20)
    but just wanted to encourage you and everyone to seriously DO this program. It's a great program & a lot of fun! :)

Have fun with it & LIFT HEAVY!

oo that's awesome! I have Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire too (TF is a little too much for me at the moment lol but I am hoping with a couple rounds of CLX that i'll be able to do a hybrid!! Congrats!!! :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I will post my measurements in here too sometime before next Monday. I haven't taken any in a while so I'll have to do them again!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Just finished Burn circuit 1 of CLX.

I did circuits 1 and 2 last week and today was supposed to be #3 but i figured i'd just start over so i can keep an accurate schedule.

my adjustable weights increase by increments of 5 so i def think i need a 8lb set to do some of the fly moves...

wore my HRM and burned 300 calories. :)
  • raleigh50
    raleigh50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Burn phase today (I had done earlier in the summer, but never completed).
    My stats are similar to yours, although I don't have all of them since the coach at
    Weight Loss challenge has them.
    I don't have a HRM, but I like the # of calories you expended; that's fewer than
    my casual research shows.

My question is, how does one get a Chalean Extreme ticker? I've seen one, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it! :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this Thursday! My stats:

Length of 1.65 m
    CW of 60.5 kg
    24.3 % body fat
    Lean body mass of 45.8 kg

Hips: 89.5 cm
    Waist: 75 cm
    R thigh: 56 cm
    L thigh: 56.5 cm
    R upper arm: 26
    L upper arm: 27 cm
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    yay! I'm so excited that you guys are going to participate! Today was a "rest" day according to the Chalean calendar but i walked 3 miles just to get some sort of activity in :)

As far as the ticker goes, you can customize it to look like pretty much however you want. You just need to find a Chalean Extreme image and edit your ticker from there.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Burn circuit 2 39 minutes 342 calories burned according to my HRM.

Went a little heavier on some, and a little lighter on 1 that was too heavy last week.

Able to get about 1/2 way down on a tricep pushup. :)
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Did burn circuit 1 for the first time this morning, burned 222 kcals according to my hrm. Used weights between 2 and 5 kg and should go up in weight for most excercises. Also did 6 of the on the toes pushups! Guess those on knees I did in the 30ds did pay off ;-)
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Did burn circuit 1 for the first time this morning, burned 222 kcals according to my hrm. Used weights between 2 and 5 kg and should go up in weight for most excercises. Also did 6 of the on the toes pushups! Guess those on knees I did in the 30ds did pay off ;-)

Thats awesome!! You're doing great, keep it up! :)
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I didn't log on yesterday BUT i did do my workout while my turkey was cooking :)

Today was burn circuit 3 (and ab burner since i forgot about that yesterday)

48 minutes total burned 360 cals

I really am in love with this program, I am hoping that after this first 90 day round that fitness will be a routine and i can start to clean up my diet more. I am taking this somewhat slowly and focusing on one goal at a time (in the beginning) if i take on too much too soon i get overwhelmed and give up.

SO fitness first (my eating isn't THAT bad i just have a tendency to over eat)

I hope everyones thanksgiving was wonderful!
  • pandorakick
    Options

Thanx!

What kind of weights are you using? Mine have those screw on closures, so with the low weights changing plates takes ages. Didn't foresee that when I bought them. Guess I'll put a pair of smooth dumbell bars and some spring closures on my wish list. That way I can also have two pairs in different weights ready for action ;-)
  • shannonshock13
    Options

Thanx!

What kind of weights are you using? Mine have those screw on closures, so with the low weights changing plates takes ages. Didn't foresee that when I bought them. Guess I'll put a pair of smooth dumbell bars and some spring closures on my wish list. That way I can also have two pairs in different weights ready for action ;-)

yea we had those kind of weights and they were driving me nuts and really putting me off to working out. So i sold em and bought these for $180 on sale at play it again sports
    http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Power-Pak-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Stand/dp/B003UO1DLS
    (came with a stand too so i don't have to bend over and hurt my back whilst putting the weights back)

They're great just like the bowflex ones just not as sleek looking, but they only go up in increments of 5lbs instead of 2.5lbs.

I don't know where you're at but if you look on craigslist people are always selling dumb bells for way cheap on there!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump to join
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Bump to join

welcome!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    HI! I LOVE Chalean Extreme! I did the whole program last year, but, uh, kinda skipped a lot of the cardio days. Ha Ha! I love the lifting days though! This time around, I'm committed to the cardio days as well. I do like them, they seem to be a precursor to Turbo Fire. : )
    Can I join the group? I was planning on starting this program tomorrow or Monday, but just wanted to check out the boards before I started. : )

Mary Anne