Chalean Extreme 90 day challenge

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Burn Intervals kicked my butt today. Time-wise I'm glad I could let this fall in the weekend, during weekdays I just wouldn't have the time for such a long workout!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Burn Intervals kicked my butt today. Time-wise I'm glad I could let this fall in the weekend, during weekdays I just wouldn't have the time for such a long workout!

Yes, that IS a good one! Great job for doing it, I skipped it a lot in the past. I'm just starting the program again today, and am not going to skip the cardio days. I did other cardio, but want to do what Chalene instructed this time around. I have burned 445 cals doing that one, in the past!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I burned 399 according to my hrm, and I did have to catch my breath a couple of times!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I burned 399 according to my hrm, and I did have to catch my breath a couple of times!

Great burn! I have to catch my breath too. Just finished Burn Circuit 1, Week 1. Sweating!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    HI! I LOVE Chalean Extreme! I did the whole program last year, but, uh, kinda skipped a lot of the cardio days. Ha Ha! I love the lifting days though! This time around, I'm committed to the cardio days as well. I do like them, they seem to be a precursor to Turbo Fire. : )
    Can I join the group? I was planning on starting this program tomorrow or Monday, but just wanted to check out the boards before I started. : )

Mary Anne

Hi! Yea of course you can join, any one can at any time really. I just wanted to connect with other people that enjoy Chaleans workouts :)

I'm doing more of a hybrid schedule to get in some extra cardio along with the strength training.
  • shannonshock13
    Options

:happy: Yay! that's a great burn! I have to stop a few times as well to catch my breath
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Week one of Chalean Extreme completed! Yesterday I started a hybrid schedule of CLX and Turbo Jam, to get in some more cardio.

Loving the workouts, I can feel myself getting a little stronger already, i've def noticed that my endurance is better and I'm not getting as winded as quickly or as much.

Today is a cardio day; punch kick and jam... it's my first time doing this one and I've heard it's tough :happy:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Week one of Chalean Extreme completed! Yesterday I started a hybrid schedule of CLX and Turbo Jam, to get in some more cardio.

Loving the workouts, I can feel myself getting a little stronger already, i've def noticed that my endurance is better and I'm not getting as winded as quickly or as much.

Today is a cardio day; punch kick and jam... it's my first time doing this one and I've heard it's tough :happy:

great idea! I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire as well. I love anything Chalene does! Enjoy the PKJ, it is a good one. I too am planning extra cardio, even if it is walking the dog. I'll throw in a few Turbo Jams in there too. : )
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene Johnson and all her workouts; but Chalean Extreme is definitely one of my very favorites. I did the entire program earlier this year and now am doing a "hybrid" of Chalean Extreme, TurboFire and every once in awhile I'll add in something from P90X. My mother had osteoporosis and I'm trying to be proactive in keeping my muscles strong and healthy which is one of the reasons why Chalean Extreme has become an excellent workout for me -- I think women feel they should be doing cardio all the time for weight loss and neglect the importance of using weights a few times a week. The results for me have been excellent so far -- my clothes are fitting much looser these days! And I finally started eating much healthier and have lost 7 pounds over the past few weeks.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Sweated buckets today!

I wore my bodybugg to see the difference between that and my HRM and the BB is about 30-100 calories less then what my HRM shows, at least for when i am strength training with CLX.

Wasn't really in the mood to workout but i did it anyway, CLX burn2 week 2, ab jam, and cardio party remix. :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone is having an awesome week (for those who started on monday or before).

Anyone can join in at any time! Even though this says 90 day challenge on it, it's more of a 90 day challenge for your self for you to complete the program :)
    I'm just here for support and to document my progress.

Today is a cardio day but i may add turbo sculpt in there too since i need to reach a burn of about 500 calories to get to my 1,000 cal deficit :)

Happy sweating :happy:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Sweated buckets today!

I wore my bodybugg to see the difference between that and my HRM and the BB is about 30-100 calories less then what my HRM shows, at least for when i am strength training with CLX.

Wasn't really in the mood to workout but i did it anyway, CLX burn2 week 2, ab jam, and cardio party remix. :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!!

Yes, I noticed the same thing with my HRM and BB. The BB was always less.
    Man, you went allll out on this day, even though you didn't feel like exercising! Great job!!! The Cardio Party Remix is fun, right? : ) Just wish I could get through it without stopping to catch my breath! Anyway, keep up the good work!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Had a wunderful workout again this morning and got my husband to join me. Really enjoyed that! :happy:
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT to start!! I have to wait until Xmas, I am probably getting it as a gift :) Now I am doing a Weider program that I like, but I love Chalene and I have heard such good things about this workout. I have 5,8 and 12 pound weights. I goess I will probably need 10 pounds as well.

I will revive this thread when I start if that's ok ;)
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Had a wunderful workout again this morning and got my husband to join me. Really enjoyed that! :happy:

That's great! I wish mine would join me! Does he regularly exercise?
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I can't WAIT to start!! I have to wait until Xmas, I am probably getting it as a gift :) Now I am doing a Weider program that I like, but I love Chalene and I have heard such good things about this workout. I have 5,8 and 12 pound weights. I goess I will probably need 10 pounds as well.

I will revive this thread when I start if that's ok ;)

I'm sure you will love it! Yes, you might want to add the 10 lb, and later a 15. You can double up the weights and make a lot of combos with those, to get the perfect weight for each exercise.
  • pandorakick
    Options

No he doesn't! It might just have been the little push he needed to get moving though. He did say that he felt a lot better aftrewards then usually.
  • shannonshock13
    Options

lol You're lucky! My husband is doing p90x but i did get him to do punch kick and jam with me the other day for some cardio which was HILARIOUS, he's so uncoordinated.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Just and update, i've been consistent with CLX for 3 weeks now this is my last week of the burn phase but i may do an additional week.

Still havent weighed myself ( i don't plan on doing so until after 90 days along with taking my measurements).

I've had a couple slip ups this past week with treats.... mainly cookies I <3 cookies hahaha
    But in actuality it wasn't THAT bad since the 2 days i had slip ups i didn't eat much of other food AND i still got 2 workouts in each day.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I took the last 5 days off from CLX. It started to snow here and got super cold and the cold just makes me want to hibernate.

I did however go to the gym today and do 60 minutes on the elliptical.

I am going to knock out the last 3 burn workouts i have today, friday and saturday. Then it's a rest day on sunday and then starting the first push phase workout on Monday.

I have decided to stop the turbo jam turbo fire workouts. I can't keep my heart rate in check with those and frankly i feel exhausted afterwards and it was really starting to burn me out.

So per my nutritionists advice, I am wearing my HRM and staying in the range of 136-156. Some people like to say that the fat burning zone is a myth but I really do think it's best for some people.
    She was explaining to me how some people produce more cortisol than others, and how high impact workouts for long periods of time each day actually can end up doing the exact opposite of what you want. Produce more fat especially around the belly (which is a major problem area for me since i have pretty bad anxiety and stress out like no other).

So still sticking with the CLX weightlifting workouts 3 days a week, with 45-75 minutes (45 on days where i lift and 75 on days where i don't) of cardio in my zone of 136-156. Still going to stick with the 1600-1700 cals a day :happy:

How is everyone else doing?!