How bad is this breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad, swiss on a egg and sausage sandwich, veggie sausages, turkey bacon!?

A breakfast sandwich is not unlike any other sandwich, start with high quality bread, then use quality, well thought out ingredients that work together on the sandwich. In no reality is veggie sausage or turkey bacon a quality ingredient and they don't belong on any sandwich

looking at your pic I'll assume you know what your'e talking about. I just read "low calorie" and think its good. How is turkey bacon bad at only 35 calories for one lil ol' slice?
    Can't get turkey bacon here, but I would guess at mega high sodium. Not to mention a poor substitute for real bacon ;)
    No it's usually lower sodium (the only reason I tolerate it).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad, swiss on a egg and sausage sandwich, veggie sausages, turkey bacon!?

A breakfast sandwich is not unlike any other sandwich, start with high quality bread, then use quality, well thought out ingredients that work together on the sandwich. In no reality is veggie sausage or turkey bacon a quality ingredient and they don't belong on any sandwich

looking at your pic I'll assume you know what your'e talking about. I just read "low calorie" and think its good. How is turkey bacon bad at only 35 calories for one lil ol' slice?

Because turkey bacon is an abomination and should not be eaten
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I got it on the second guess. I tried chicken bacon once. It was ok, if you don't compare it to sweet sweet piggy bacon.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

So how is 2 sliced of double fiber wheat bread (160 cal)
    a teaspoon of light spread (30 cal)
    and 1-2 eggs fried with Pam olive oil (70-140 cal)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

Sandwich snob! hahaha
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Get freshly baked white bread it tastes better, a little light on the protein you can afford to add some ham, cheese or something else with more pro
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Get freshly baked white bread it tastes better, a little light on the protein you can afford to add some ham, cheese or something else with more pro

Thanks for the tips. A slice of ham sounds good.