30DS and chocolate milk

I recently started doing 30 DS. Not seeing much progress, I thought maybe I needed to get more protein. So I began chugging chocolate milk just before doing to video (I heard it helps with muscle recovery). each time I have done this I have had to stop due to horrible pains I develop...usually in my lower abdomen. Sometimes they are relieved after a uhhhhhh, trip to the bathroom. My friend thinks it is my spleen and I could have possibly damaged it with the extra protein intake. Anyone else dealing with this?

Replies

• beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    HMMMM.. Idk?.. it sounds like U are doing everything right to me!.. Sometimes I like to eat ALOT right before a work out.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    0705-jillian-michaels-1.jpg
  • You forgot to pray to the chocolate milk gods before drinking the chocolate milk.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Try waiting a bit after drinking your milk and going to the toilet before you workout. I can't eat before a workout or I puke.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    It's your liver. Try a cabbage soup, cayenne pepper, and beet juice cleanse.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    True- Keep it low fat as possible. Also you don't want the low sugar brands. Chocolate milk is ideal because it's a ration of 3:1 carbs to protein which is the ideal ratio to repair muscles and replenish glycogen stores. So the low sugar high protein kind defeats the purpose and will slow down glycogen replenishment.

this was from another post...see it even says to drink chocolate milk. But how does everyone else work through the pain in the spleen that comes along with it???
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    um... maybe you are just lactose intolerant....? o.O
  • The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?
  • felice03
    Maybe I should switch to soy or almond?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    I have nothing to offer other than I find it impressive that so many people are able to identify exactly which random innard is causing the pain....I must learn this trick.
  • felice03
    The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?

so what? so was I....
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    I don't usually drink a lot before a workout,(I workout when I wake up in the am) but after, as a recovery. I always do a protein shake after a workout. You may just want to cut back on the before the work out slamming chocolate milk and try drinking it after. A great recovery shake is 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a cup of chocolate milk, blend together...it's yummy!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I have nothing to offer other than I find it impressive that so many people are able to identify exactly which random innard is causing the pain....I must learn this trick.

This one. Seems today (maybe everyday) is self diagnosis day.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    It's your liver. Try a cabbage soup, cayenne pepper, and beet juice cleanse.

I agree 100% with this suggestion. This is the answer to all your problems. I promise.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    I recently started doing 30 DS. Not seeing much progress, I thought maybe I needed to get more protein. So I began chugging chocolate milk just before doing to video (I heard it helps with muscle recovery). each time I have done this I have had to stop due to horrible pains I develop...usually in my lower abdomen. Sometimes they are relieved after a uhhhhhh, trip to the bathroom. My friend thinks it is my spleen and I could have possibly damaged it with the extra protein intake. Anyone else dealing with this?

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to drink the milk AFTER. Dairy + exercise = :sick:
  • felice03
    I don't usually drink a lot before a workout,(I workout when I wake up in the am) but after, as a recovery. I always do a protein shake after a workout. You may just want to cut back on the before the work out slamming chocolate milk and try drinking it after. A great recovery shake is 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a cup of chocolate milk, blend together...it's yummy!

I am allergic to banana's and nuts...oph, and corn.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?

But she is not anymore...so she must be doing something right!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to drink the milk AFTER. Dairy + exercise = :sick:

^^ This. You're supposed to drink it after as a recovery drink.
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    oh bummer! chocolate milk is still a good recovery! I would for sure drink it after :drinker:
  • The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?

so what? so was I....

I'm just saying I doubt she knows what she is doing.