chocolate milk has blood in it...

Options

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who works at a dairy farm.

bwahahahahhaha
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    As someone who milked cows a long, long time ago you do not get blood in the last bit of milk. Besides, almost all milking is done by machine now and it is all collected in the same containers. I think someone is pulling your leg...

Or pulling your teat. For bloody milk.

graphics-cows-690888.gif
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Thinking about drinking animal milk is just about enough to make me gag, blood or no blood. Ick!

(I'm down with cheese and yogurt, though.)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait!! Let me get my tinfoil hat on!!

Ok, there it is. Now, carry on.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Extra Iron for sure

It will go well with my black pudding, or blood sausage, whichever you prefer to call it

I need all the iron i can get ;(
  • handinmypocket
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

How do you milk an almond? I didn't know they had nipples? :laugh:

"Greg, a cat has nipples. Can you milk a cat?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Yeah this was on Snopes and it's obviously not true.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Bumb. I want to watch all the trolls in their natural habitat. This is entertaining.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    you ppl are aware that health regulations allow for a certain amount of bug and cockroaches to be found in our food... we dont live in a perfect world... dont like it??? buy your own cow and then you know exactly where everything is coming from!

And then you may never drink milk again!! Many do not realize just how dirty fresh milk can be. A single cow means hand milking...even if everything else (equipment, udder, etc) are thoroughly cleaned, it still has to be filtered for hair at the very least.

I was once one of those parents that kept things ultra-clean. Our second child broke me of that by 1) eating a fly and 2) latching onto the dog's nipple to nurse (no, she wasn't especially pleased!) By the time he was a year old, I was like Fine, whatever, as long as it didn't fall in the dog crap, just blow it off! (Not really but you get the idea.)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I worry for people over the age of 12 who believe anything like this.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

Almond milk is made from pressed almonds. Almonds contain little mites that leave the almonds when they are dried to sell whole....but the green almonds are pressed to make the milk..therefore themites are also pressed into the milk. Blood in cows milk, pressed mites in almond milk...take your pick....
    We'll never be free will we?

Nope. Aphids on my kale too... It's all protein!

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I was brought up to say that. Although there is a dairy farm close by us I say where is the purple cow. The kids used to watch barney so I made up the purple cow game. Funny the kids are 11 and 9 and we say where is the purple cow.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to Nestle Quik and a spoon?

Interestingly, the Nestle Quik is a better option for chocolate milk in the US (pure cocoa likely best) as it was the only option that did not have HFCS. (I was just in the US and was shocked by many food ingredients. For instance I am used to cream that has 2 ingredients: cream, carageenan. Not so south of the border). Strangely, in Canada, there is no HFCS in our chocolate milk (OR the manufacturer is allowed to call it sugar... ?) But since corn syrup is listed when present, I would think that is HFCS and that our milk and sodas do not have it.

Either way, as someone mentioned before, commercial milk is allowed to have a certain level of blood and pus in it. On top of that, it is then pasteurized. So, while I still use milk sparingly, I don't consider it a healthy food unless it was raw directly from the farmer, and it's not the blood that I am worried about at all.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    mmmm.....looks like strawberry chocolate milk.. :D
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    you ppl are aware that health regulations allow for a certain amount of bug and cockroaches to be found in our food... we dont live in a perfect world... dont like it??? buy your own cow and then you know exactly where everything is coming from!

exactly. i assume that i'm eating a certain amount of bugs. apparently we swallow several bugs during the day when we breathe

As a cyclist in the Mississippi Delta, I find gnat swarms especially delightful :happy: crunchy!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! :laugh:
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    there's blood in steak
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Um.. no?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    As long as there isn't blood in my steak, I"m good.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the idea of blood, dead neutrophils, live nutrophils, dead tissue cells, blood proteins, dead and sometimes live bacteria...well all of that is in there and in plenty of other things we consume, so it doesn't especially bother me. That is what our own lymphocyte system is for. Hormones are the concern for me.