Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    OP is spreading the manure thin.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    you ppl are aware that health regulations allow for a certain amount of bug and cockroaches to be found in our food... we dont live in a perfect world... dont like it??? buy your own cow and then you know exactly where everything is coming from!

And then you may never drink milk again!! Many do not realize just how dirty fresh milk can be. A single cow means hand milking...even if everything else (equipment, udder, etc) are thoroughly cleaned, it still has to be filtered for hair at the very least.

I was once one of those parents that kept things ultra-clean. Our second child broke me of that by 1) eating a fly and 2) latching onto the dog's nipple to nurse (no, she wasn't especially pleased!) By the time he was a year old, I was like Fine, whatever, as long as it didn't fall in the dog crap, just blow it off! (Not really but you get the idea.)

Actually, I would argue that large-scale commercial food processing poses far greater risk to our health than "dirty" food directly from farmers. (I used to buy cream direct from a farmer and NEVER ever found any dirt/bugs/hair in it and it wouldn't have bothered me if I did..) Anyone notice all the food recalls lately? The contamination occurs during processing most of the time, not on the farms (exceptions for farms that use sewage/industrial sludge to "fertilize" their fields.).
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha!! This thread is wonderful :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I only drink chocolate milk when I'm menstruating. Makes the whole situation less weird.
    Best reply in a thread of great replies. Congratulations, you win at internetting. :-)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If I knew blood tasted this good, I'd have been drinking everyone else's a long time ago.
    God it must be great to be a vampire. Chocolate milk 24/7.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I heard some guys talking once and they said there was also blood in meat sometimes.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!:drinker:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Please tell me there aren't really people this silly here. Please.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    All conventional milk has a small percentage of puss and blood in it. Totally grosses me out!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Why don't they just use it for strawberry milk?

That is so true!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

How do you milk an almond? I didn't know they had nipples? :laugh:

"Greg, a cat has nipples. Can you milk a cat?"
    Yes you really can milk a cat if you wanted to, just sayin...
  • kezzakerry
    kezzakerry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I was thinking, the thought of that bloody milk, eeewww!!!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

Almond milk, almond water, almond juice. Whatever you want to call it, I'm with you! Milk is for making little cows turn into big cows...I'm big enough, thanks.

H:

That's why I drink twice as much milk on days when I do calf raises.
    I award you a full internet!
    Brill.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    you ppl are aware that health regulations allow for a certain amount of bug and cockroaches to be found in our food... we dont live in a perfect world... dont like it??? buy your own cow and then you know exactly where everything is coming from!

And then you may never drink milk again!! Many do not realize just how dirty fresh milk can be. A single cow means hand milking...even if everything else (equipment, udder, etc) are thoroughly cleaned, it still has to be filtered for hair at the very least.

I was once one of those parents that kept things ultra-clean. Our second child broke me of that by 1) eating a fly and 2) latching onto the dog's nipple to nurse (no, she wasn't especially pleased!) By the time he was a year old, I was like Fine, whatever, as long as it didn't fall in the dog crap, just blow it off! (Not really but you get the idea.)

Actually, I would argue that large-scale commercial food processing poses far greater risk to our health than "dirty" food directly from farmers. (I used to buy cream direct from a farmer and NEVER ever found any dirt/bugs/hair in it and it wouldn't have bothered me if I did..) Anyone notice all the food recalls lately? The contamination occurs during processing most of the time, not on the farms (exceptions for farms that use sewage/industrial sludge to "fertilize" their fields.).

^^ AGREE!

(And I'm so excited to get to agree with you about something! :flowerforyou:)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll agree with you on the processing part. As for the cream, it had likely been strained through cheesecloth. I have picked plenty of cow hair out of my milk when it was still pre-filter, but it didn't bother me in the sense of unclean... it just somehow felt like I was about to swallow toothbrush bristles.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Our second child broke me of that by 1) eating a fly and 2) latching onto the dog's nipple to nurse (no, she wasn't especially pleased!)

This made me LOL. Hard. Then I had to read it to my kid. She laughed too.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I bleed chocolate milk. Circle of life.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    i heard from a few dairyland workers that chocolate milk has blood in it...

when they milk the cow, the start of it is nice and white so they use that as regular milk.. then when it gets to the end of milking a cow they get a bit of blood in it.. so instead of having a "strawberry milk".. lol.. they put chocolate in it and call it chocolate milk...

anyone hear this before?

As someone who has worked on dairy farms. this can't be true since all the milk goes into one big tank. For that matter who cares, my steak has blood in it, that doesn't stop me from eating it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    All conventional milk has a small percentage of puss and blood in it. Totally grosses me out!
    Did you mean pus? If not I'm going to buy more milk.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    ZOMG this must mean I'm a vampire! My 14 year old Anne Rice obsessed self would be so pleased!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My dad is a dairy farmer and I've hooked more cows up to to the Surge machine more times than I can count. I think someone is telling you tall tales.

BTW, Cow tipping is an urban legend too.