Eating Rape Oil

Options

Replies

• miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is great. :laugh:
    I didn't even read the entire first post. I was thrown off by the idea that someone thinks Canola oil is something new!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Well fellow Canadians, I guess our secret plot to poison the world is out!! Oh well, we've still got our beef!! Doooh, now that's out too!! Bahahaha.

Beef? I thought it was venison.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that rape oil is a courtesy more than anything else.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Well fellow Canadians, I guess our secret plot to poison the world is out!! Oh well, we've still got our beef!! Doooh, now that's out too!! Bahahaha.

Mmmm.....now I want to cook the backstrap from the deer I cut up last night.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options

My daughter and her girls were telling jokes. Stephanie hit her mom's arm with the back of a butter knife in a gesture, "Oh mom" not hard enough to hurt. My daughters arm split open like it was rotten. She called me to ask what could have caused it. I said, "I'll bet anything that you are using Canola oil". Sure enough, there was a big gallon jug in the pantry.

.......??????
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Stupid copy and paste of disinformation made me lose 2 minutes of my life.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Mmmm.....now I want to cook the backstrap from the deer I cut up last night.

I wouldn't, the canadians probably feed their deer rape oil.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Rape seed oil is a penetrating oil, to be used in light industry

Light industry? Softcore?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It makes food taste like cloroform and duct tape. no thanks.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Living in Canada, I'm sure I've eaten Canola Oil many times. I seem to be fine. However, when I'm cooking I do prefer olive, seseme or butter as to me they taste great and have some health benefits (well, maybe not butter but it sure tastes great). I dunno; there are articles about the pros and cons of everything out there!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I se it when I bake. People gush over what I bake and eat it until it's gone. I guess they enjoy chloroform and duct tape.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    And that's why I don't use any plant based oils for cooking.

I fry everything in diesel. No fats. Much healthier and tastier. :smokin:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You mean the internet says something ELSE is dangerous? It must be factual!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I like how the original post was pretty much word for word copy and pasted from the Example email on Snopes.

Natural rapeseed oil is high in euric acid which does have negative health effects. Canola oil is considerably lower in euric acid. And the plant that canola comes from was first genetically modified by the old school Gregor Mendel method, just plants being cross bred, not a weird gene-splicing-in-the-lab type of GMO. Although now I think most of what's grown in North America is the Monsanto "round-up ready" genetically modified, where they are just spicing in their monopoly insuring herbicide resistance.

Meh, I try not use it. Sometimes my husband still buys it. I feel much better about frying my food in bacon grease.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    But is it 'legitimate' rape oil?

LMFAO. Yeah. This is the worst topic title ever!
  • ketoswag
    Options
    But is it 'legitimate' rape oil?

/dead
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Hahahahahaha!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Now they're saying all of the plant-based oils are bad for us. It's so frustrating!! :explode:
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Check out coconut oil. It doesn't break down like other oils when heated. It's very healthy, and it's the type of fat your brain needs. It's great stuff.

ditto :)

and best used when making homemade popcorn :)
    AMEN :bigsmile:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't condone the use of anything pro-rape.