ATTENTION Cider lovers! (UK)

Options
I LOVE cider, especially the fruity/pear kind. And I just thought I'd pass this on to anyone else who likes it, has the odd one and wants to make a reformed choice. For me I love Rekorderlig, Kopparberg, Bullmers, Jaques, Stella Cidre. Well i decided to compare all my fave ciders, and worked out which is the best and worst in terms of Calories. And now I defo make a better choice.

So the winner is:
Stella Cidre (pear or apple) 150cals for a 568ml bottle.
Magners 205 cals for 568ml
Bulmers 210cals for 568ml bottle
Magners Pear 240cals for 568ml bottle
Kopparberg Pear 240cals for 500ml bottle
Rekorderlig Strawberry & Lime 315cals for 500ml bottle

So guys, if you just need that nice refreshing Cider, the Stella Cidre is the best choice, with half the cals of Rekorderlig! It's a shame that my favourite is the Rekorderlig though :(.

Replies

• _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Phew! Mines Bulmers....thank god its closer to the top of the list!! :)
  • BeckyJayneGJ
    BeckyJayneGJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oooh very interesting - thanks!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Cidre is my favourite, woohoo!

Its a pity its also the most expensive :(
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    woo my favourite sits happily in the middle - Bulmers
    though my most often drunk is Scrumpy Jack - 238
    x
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    stella 'cidre' is not cider.

It possibly used to be cider before passing through someone elses urinary system and then being mixed with water (hence being the lowest in calories probably).

I suspect that's why they didn't call it cider and it tastes nothing like the french 'cidre' as the french are actually good at cider and proud of it.

Seriously the cheap £3 for 3 litre stuff tastes better.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    OH MY!!!!, i have NEVER met anyone who loves cider the way i do!
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, pyrowill!

I love love LOVE cider. My absolute favourite is Rekorderlig Pear Cider. I am very aware that it is high in calories, but I have just one bottle every Saturday and boy oh boy, it fills me with joy (well, that rhymed :tongue: )

:flowerforyou:
  • Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh strawberry and lime is personal fave but I can't believe that the cidre is so low though might have to convert! As giving up drinking is not going to happen lol ! Great post thanks !
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I actually don't mind Stella's Cidre so I might chose it in the future.

But yes, Rekorderlig Strawberry and Lime is my favourite, thankfully it's so sickly/deliciously sweet that I've never been able to drink more than one bottle! I tend to treat it like a dessert.
  • youngpip
    youngpip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a big cider fan too and found out about Cidre only being 150cals by accident recently and was quite surprised, so it went top of the list for me (despite not being my favourite). I was stung by a Rekorderlig strawberry & lime recently, only finding out later how bad it was calorie-wise. I was really annoyed with myself for not checking first!

I make my own cider too, not really sure how to figure out the calories in that though!
  • pinkevie
    pinkevie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ohhh, I'm a big Bulmers head...... except when I drink too much and call it Bloomers! :)
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ah I love my Cider too! They have a great selection in Booths (NW of England only I think) my favorite is a Sheppys one but I've no idea of the calories. I'm also partial to a Stowfords Press. I'll try and find what the calories of these are to add to the list :)
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the ginger bulmers - SO DELICIOUS!
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    Rekorderlig and Kopperberg are my favourites but i don't mind Cidre - i'll buy whatever is on offer in those 3 really - but got to agree with another post that Cidre is NOTHING like the real French cider! Mmmmm :o)
    Rekorderlig Apple is gorgeous but i've never seen it in supermarkets, only ever in "cheap shops" (Home bargains, B&M etc)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Happy to help!

God I want a cider now.
  • Jolie_K
    Jolie_K Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Rekorderlig :( well it's good to know!
  • youngpip
    youngpip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Henneys dry cider. 220 cals though!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I found another one for the list. My absolute favourite but you can only get in certain parts of the country:

Healeys Cornish Rattler
    180 calories

:D
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Best

Thread

Ever
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I knew I shouldn't have read this, now I want one.