ATTENTION Cider lovers! (UK)

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I actually checked in tesco to see if they had any pear cidre that's how much this post influenced me lol! Luckily they didn't !
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Cornish Rattler...Now that is a very nice pint! Had a couple while in Cornwall, goes straight to your head though :laugh:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Woodchuck cider is delicious. Sold in USA at last.
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    I miss Cider.... I've been drinking cider everyday when I was in Scotland!

Here, it's hard to find some good cider (there's mainly french cider but it's very different...) :-(
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh man, living in Devon I kinda have to be a cider lover ;) I love a bit of Magners
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Interesting fact for you Cornish Rattler lovers. You know originally it had a Rattlesnake for the logo. They voted to change it to the 2 silhouette with a surfboard since the rattlesnake was attractive to children to want to drink.....wtf?! Needless to say it didn't last long and its back to the Rattler!

Hmmm Cider
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woodchuck cider is delicious. Sold in USA at last.

I'm so jealous of all of you Brits! You actually have good cider. We have the crap mentioned above. All of our ciders in the US are NOT cider. They're so sickeningly sweet. The only ciders that can easily be found here are Woodchuck, Angry Orchard, Strongbow, and Crispin. Thank you for the list of ciders in the first post. I'm going to check out my local international grocery store and see if they have any of those or maybe can order them. I love a good dry cider, and it is SOOOOOOOOOOO hard to find them in the US.
  • taipanthomas
    Options
    Stella..... Is NOT a French brand.... So I would hope it tastes nothing like French cider....
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! Cider is the only alcohol I drink and this is very useful! :drinker:

Now, I really want a pint :angry: :laugh:
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread.

Love, love, love it.

I go through Cider phases. When I'm being 'good' (as good as you can be when having a drink or two!) I always go for Cidre. It isn't the best, but it's nowhere near as bad as the earlier post made it out to be, and at only 150 cals is fine by me.

When I'm not as fussed, I love Katy cider, and I have also developed a love for the Rekorderlig Winter Cider, which is most excellent. There is also a local brew here in Berkshire called Berkshire Gold which I could drink all day, every day. No idea how calorific it is though!!!

Mmmmmmmm............ Cider!
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    18 cans of cidre for £13 at morrisons right now!
    Bought a crate today. Only 116 calories per can!