The Holidays - What's you plan/goal?

Options
Thanksgiving is Thursday, lots of carbs from all that turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, pie, and sweets. Then after eating twice you are knocked out my the tryptophan and take an inevitable nap. The holidays are going to be rough, whether you choose to stick to your fitness plan or plan to indulge here or there.

So whats you plan?
-Exercise more?
-Eat less to leave room for cookies?
-You don't give a damn because its the holidays?
-Eat in moderation?
-avoid sweets

I plan to eat in moderation, exercise a lot Thanksgiving morning, and will desperately try not to eat any cookies and try to not eat 10 servings of stuffing. :) And hoping I can still lose by blessed 2lbs/week!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat everything in sight. Hypertrophy time.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Eat in moderaton, and try to stay relatively busy so I don't munch all day long. Figure I'm going to be busy enough in the kitchen with prep work, I might burn a few calories.
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm just shooting to not gain. Small portions and extra exercise.
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I plan on going for a early morning Thanksgiving run and complete another day of my 30 day challenge. I will eat in moderation. I am going to eat a little breakfast and lunch so that I will not be over my calories after dinner. I am sure I will be over my sugar and carbs but my goal is to continue my exercise routine and not go over my calories.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Well, technically the turkey has lots of protein...
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lose 5 pounds before Christmas!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Lift and run in the morning, light breakfast and snack, I'm cooking, so I know it's all healthy, enjoy in moderation.
  • almostmrsfox
    almostmrsfox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I don't plan to go crazy just because it's a holiday but I'm not going to go overboard either. Not skipping any gym days surrounding Thanksgiving (Wednesday/Friday) even though I'm off work Friday. Thursday is supposed to be nice and sunny so I'll probably take the pooch for a walk in the morning. Oh! And easy on the wine :D
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    The morning of..I plan on having a great workout! I'm going to get in moderation, yet enjoy Thanksgiving to it's fullest.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Workout in the morning, eat as normal all day, eat over my calorie allotment at dinner but will not stuff myself or mindlessly eat, get right back on track the next day. I'm treating the holiday as one meal and I'm not going to fret over some indulgence but I'm also not going to go crazy.
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    Eat in moderation and maintain.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm going with my brother & his girlfriend to a restaurant, as its just us. I'm going to eat what is on my plate (I'm vegetarian, so no turkey... ).
    By going out to eat, there are no leftovers to snack on later that day and days to come.
    So one day isn't going to hurt me, plus I plan on going for a 5k run that morning. (*As I plan on there being a 2nd piece of pumpkin pie!)
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work out as much as I can all week, even going to the gym twice Wednesday. I'm hoping to eat one plate of turkey and sides and one small piece of pie. Of course, I'll be drinking (rum&diet coke) during the Cowboys/Redskins game. If I get hungry again toward the end of the day, I'm going to have one little snack. I'm sure I'll be going over my cals for the day but I don't want to binge just because it's a holiday. Good luck to the rest of you!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Massive cardio workout, high protein breakfast, eat dessert.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lift and run in the morning, light breakfast and snack, I'm cooking, so I know it's all healthy, enjoy in moderation.

Lucky! As much as I hate cooking, I wish I was for this reason!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nothing happens if you forget about your diet 1 single day :wink: , so I'll just eat whatever I want without overeating just because.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Eat in moderation and maintain.

^^ This!!1
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat and exercise just like normal, and plan to come out on the other side weighing less.
  • runnninginmd
    Options
    A half marathon on Thanksgiving morning, a half marathon two weeks later on my boyfriend's family's Thanksgiving morning (last one of the season, thank goodness!), continuing my regular diet and exercise plan, splurging for special social occasions, and this for Thanksgiving: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/800412-for-everyone-freaking-out-about-thanksgiving.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    always have to remind myself that the holidays are really just that - a couple of days. It boils down to a couple of hours really. So I take each day at a time and do my best in the situation.

Moderation
    Extra activity
    Hydrate
    Plan & prioritize (focus on the things that truly are special - food and nonfood)
    Be okay with maintaining