The Holidays - What's you plan/goal?

Options

Replies

• LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do believe I'm going to exceed my calories on Thanksgiving Day. I'm having some of the family over and we're cooking a feast. My darling husband will be making an apple tart from scratch along with some wonderful yeast rolls. I'm going to eat reasonable quantities of them, but I will be eating them and that fact, as simple as it is, will put me over my calories for the day. I'm okay with that. I haven't exceeded my calorie goal in quite a while, so I'm due. With that said, it won't be hard to eat in moderation because I'm so accustomed to smaller portions. I think the difference for me will be that I'm going to eat some things that are higher in calories than what I normally do.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. The trick is to wake up Friday morning and proceed as usual with exercise and eating in a calorie deficit. Don't let a holiday on one day turn into an excuse to eat like a hog all weekend.
  • alanoschick
    Options
    So far I'm not thinking of it as anything special as far as my goals go. I'm doing the cooking also so I know it's healthy. I would like to have one piece of pumpkin pie but I'm going to make sure it fits within my calorie limits. I haven't started making any cookies yet so there won't be any to tempt me!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Since Thanksgiving is ALL about the food, it's hard to be good. I hope to eat a reasonable amount of food, not totally overindulge and make myself sick. I want to fit into my corduroys by Christmas! (Size 10/12 from 12/14)
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My plan is to enjoy myself :) I hope you all will, too! Be safe, spend time with your family, and praise God for life, food, and cherished memories!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Morning 5K turkey trot, then eat whatever I want the rest of the day! Thanksgiving's only once a year...it's not going to de-rail the other 364!
  • Jstarr77
    Options
    Eat in moderation and maintain.

^^ This!!1

Me three!!
  • runnytime512
    Options
    5 mile turkey trot in the morning! Have vegan Thanksgiving with a friend after :-).
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Same as I usually have been eating, passing on stuffing, bread and potatoes. Gladly eating a ton of the vegetables that I preserved from our garden this year along with turkey and our pineapple rum soaked ham! All while being thankful of how far I've gotten so far on this journey.

Oh, and several deviled eggs I'm sure since our chickens are about 9 dozen eggs ahead of me right now!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Stay in the UK and not have to worry about it :laugh:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I made a Lifestyle Change 2 years ago and skipping Holiday meals was NOT part of it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

We are camping for 5 days over Thanksgiving, which is worse than having the holiday at home....more snacks, more alcohol. I am bringing my bike & running shoes for a workout every day.

Happy Holiday to everyone!
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lots of meat and veggies.
    Some potatoes & stuffing.
    Lots of water/black tea.
    Some dessert.
    Active play with nieces instead of just sitting around.
    Avoid the car as much as possible. For example, to get from my mom's house to where we're having brunch is about a mile walk up a big hill--I'll walk it instead of riding. To get from mom's to aunt's house is about a half mile walk, also involving a hill.
    Take the dog(s) on lots of extra walks.

Log it all or none at all--I'm not worried about whether I hit my goal on one isolated day.

Hubby and I will be flying out to see family we haven't seen in 2 years. Wednesday - Monday will be hit or miss because I won't have my workout DVD or any equipment. I'll just do what I can and try to make good choices.
    :drinker:

Happy Thanksgiving! :bigsmile:
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Basically I'm still working out every day, and I'm allowed to eat as much as I please on Thanksgiving - I won't even bother tracking on that day. After that it's back to being sensible. That doesn't mean I still can't have some leftover pie. It just has to fit into my calorie limit after Thanksgiving is over.
  • ntaylorut
    ntaylorut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am super motivated to hit ONE-derland before the end of the year, I have 9 lbs to go, so I think it is do-able. I plan on carrying a note in my wallet that says 199.9 lbs on it. Before I fill my plate, I am going to look at the card and then eat accordingly. Not sure if it will work but it sounds good.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever you want for one day isn't going to make you fat. So, if I gain a couple of pounds, I'll lose it next week, not too worried about it
  • lilxocrush
    Options
    My plan is to eat really clean up to the holidays (aka this week and the few weeks in between thanksgiving and christmas). I also plan to eat small portioned meals (1 helping of turkey with veggies instead of consuming the rolls and stuffing) because I know that my favorite part of the holidays is the dessert. Luckily, when i'm home for the holidays my mom has a treadmill so I don't have to worry about coordinating with the gym and their limited holiday hours.

Good luck to all this holiday season!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am super motivated to hit ONE-derland before the end of the year, I have 9 lbs to go, so I think it is do-able. I plan on carrying a note in my wallet that says 199.9 lbs on it. Before I fill my plate, I am going to look at the card and then eat accordingly. Not sure if it will work but it sounds good.

Great idea! My NYE goal is also 199. I have 12.8 to go...its highly possible!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Ask myself "do I REALLY want this?"
    It's okay if the answer is yes.

Leave what is MEH

Eat what is yummy,
    but remember that, there comes a point where it doesn't make me any happier.
    (I come from a large family and it's easy to get caught up in the mob mentality of staking your ground to get your "fair share")
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Morning 5K turkey trot, then eat whatever I want the rest of the day! Thanksgiving's only once a year...it's not going to de-rail the other 364!

I think the 5k is a great idea on Thanksgiving morning! I will have to sign up for one next year.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day with my family and eat like a honey badger.