ELLIPTICAL vs TREADMILL. Your thoughts please?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I really love the elliptical, mostly because I like to vary my speed often, and find that awkward to do on the treadmill. A previous poster mentioned the Cybex Arc Trainer, and I think that might be my favourite machine.

It's funny how some people get about exercise machines, though. I know some people who think you aren't really exercising if you're on the elliptical instead of a treadmill - give me a break! When I'm huffing, heart racing, drenched in sweat and red in the face after 45 minutes going hard on the elliptical, you just tell me to my face that I didn't exercise :wink:

That said, the best exercise is the one that you're actually going to do. I love the elliptical, hence for the time being, it is the machine for me.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I prefer the eliptical and the arc trainer. I have bone spurs in the heel of my left foot and those are less painful for me.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Treadmill the elliptical is much harder and therefore I won't get on it. I had bought a brand new one and hated it so I gave it to my daughter and now own a used treadmill that I like so much more
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I choose the elliptical, because if I'm gonna run, I'm gonna do it outside instead of on the damn dreadmill! Plus the ellipticals at my gym are equipped with a personal TV with a gazillion channels. I also enjoy the programmed workouts and the strength training involved with the increased resistance. Got to keep that booty lookin good!