Tattoo as goal " reward"

Options
13»

Replies

• 05saleengirl
    Options
    I want to get the quote in my ticker below put .on my wrist in That white ink.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Sure did, and I sure do!! Lol, when I hit my healthy BMI I got this, I'm going to get color in it next month, hopefully with another few pounds shaved off :smile: I just got this done Thursday.

tattoo2.jpg

tattoo1.jpg
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I don't 'get' tattoos...it's not something I'd ever do. It's not me. But each to their own...I was merely saying if you put something about your actual weightloss/fitness success on your tattoo and then gained the weight/got unfit, it might be embarrassing.

I said, "But each to their own" AND I referred to tattoos specifically outlining weight loss amounts etc... no one is judging you. Relax.

I'm giving my opinion. Which is what is done here generally. Just saying to people: think long and hard about getting a tattoo that specifies your weight loss (amounts, clothes sizes, etc)... it could backfire.

Sheesh.

firstly, i am not trying to be argumentative.

i'm a bit confused. having read all the posts, i'm not sure who you're referring to.
    i haven't seen anybody saying they're going to get a tattoo specifically outlining weight loss amounts. unless i'm missing something, everyone except you seems to be talking about getting a tattoo of 'something' as a reward for reaching their goal.

of course getting '60kg lost, and proud' is a dumb tattoo idea (though i've seen MUCH dumber tattoos! www.ugliesttattoos.com). i think there would be few people who would argue with that, but getting something that means something to you as a reward, so that when you look at it you can think 'i earned that' is different.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got myself a tattoo for beating my eating disorder :)
    As long as its not a spur of the moment thing that you're going to regret i think its a good idea
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a tattoo done when I reach my goal, I don't know what yet, I want something that represents transforming myself.

In the meantime I plan on starting my back piece next year to cover up a manky tattoo I have which will be my reward for getting through a really difficult year.